Countdown Begins - Friday 11th October 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fat pigeon

Countdown Begins - Friday 11th October 2013

Post by Fat pigeon »

5 Weeks Left...

A see-saw week of emotions, we're alive :wink:
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
nayab69

Re: Countdown Begins - Friday 11th October 2013

Post by nayab69 »

Will they post letters on 11th of October or we will receive it?
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

nayab69 wrote:Will they post letters on 11th of October or we will receive it?
I think they will post it on the 11th :(. Which means we'll have to wait an extra day!

'Parents will be sent a letter with advice on their child's test performance, by first class post on Friday 11 October 2013...'.
baffled

Post by baffled »

hey guys and ahhhhh back from a long awaited break and onto here to check how everyone is - feel totally chilled and have not thought about results day but now seeing the date i may start feeling edgy few days before those letters come out -

one thing i am still confused about is; when we do get to put our choices in preference and we put wchs as first and say beal second choice does that mean that if the dc does not get a gs place then their place at beal also can be missed? does anyone understand what i mean?

:?
redbridge

Post by redbridge »

baffled wrote:one thing i am still confused about is; when we do get to put our choices in preference and we put wchs as first and say beal second choice does that mean that if the dc does not get a gs place then their place at beal also can be missed? does anyone understand what i mean?
Hi,

My understanding is that If your DD gets a place at WCHS and that being the first choice on your list, the rest of the list is ignored, but unfortunately if he/she is not eligible for first school on the list then the school you have listed second becomes your first choice and so on.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

ONE Month Left!

Enjoying the 11+ free chilled easygoing back to " normal" school routine :lol:

I have gone through the forum historical results (yes, ALL of them, & feel a lot more at peace with whatever the result is best for my dc. )

We intend to visit the backup school on its open day in order to accept that this was just a journey, a positive learning experience, the destination is not in our hands, & we will go on the better for it.
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Fat pigeon wrote:ONE Month Left!

Enjoying the 11+ free chilled easygoing back to " normal" school routine :lol:

I have gone through the forum historical results (yes, ALL of them, & feel a lot more at peace with whatever the result is best for my dc. )

We intend to visit the backup school on its open day in order to accept that this was just a journey, a positive learning experience, the destination is not in our hands, & we will go on the better for it.
Good idea pigeon, we also have a few open day visits planned here.
At least we are lucky enough that Redbridge is full of good schools :)
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

baffled wrote:hey guys and ahhhhh back from a long awaited break and onto here to check how everyone is - feel totally chilled and have not thought about results day but now seeing the date i may start feeling edgy few days before those letters come out -

one thing i am still confused about is; when we do get to put our choices in preference and we put wchs as first and say beal second choice does that mean that if the dc does not get a gs place then their place at beal also can be missed? does anyone understand what i mean?

:?
If a child does not get a place at their first choice, their second choice is considered. It is possible that the child does not get their second choice either, so their third choice is considered and so forth.
eastern

Post by eastern »

I'll be a relieved man after tomorrow as DS sits his Laytmer exam.

Those books will be off his shelf and boxed away until at least another 3 years when next DS will be in line to take on challenge of the 11+.

Looking forward to enjoying my weekends again and DS can have a well deserved break.

Await the results now

Hope all you regulars are fine and back into the daily routine of school life.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Wow eastern u guys are just about to cross the finishing line, fantastic work to have battled so long for life's chances. I am sure that we all are here supporting our fellow forum regular :D !

My journey has begun & ended with my dd, but after the rest, guess what, masochistically imagining that yes, I could well imagine doing it again :P .
Life is goooood, thank God.

With regard to the excellent back up Lbr schools, can a Beal catchment area dc apply to another area such as Valentines or Seven Kings? I don't understand how that can be if catchment areas exist?

Best of luck, eastern family :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now