A gentle reminder about not discussing the exam content...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bravado

A gentle reminder about not discussing the exam content...

Post by bravado »

Huge good luck to all those taking the CEM and CSSE exams over the next few weeks.

May I take this opportunity to gently remind you all not to discuss the exam content? There will be "late sittings" for those who were unable to sit the tests on the scheduled days and I'm sure you'll all agree that it would be unfair to reveal any information until these have been completed.
talea51

Re: A gentle reminder about not discussing the exam content.

Post by talea51 »

Ooh yes, thanks for the reminder bravado! :D
bravado

Post by bravado »

I'm going to "sticky" this post until after all the re-sits have been safely completed :D
moved

Post by moved »

It has been remarkably silent about CEM! I, for one, am very interested to hear after next week.
Readthequestiondear!

Post by Readthequestiondear! »

...My dd sat the CEM exam in the morning session, and my niece sat the afternoon session. Through their chat, later that evening it appeared that the content/topics/question types in the morning and afternoon sessions were the same!
I thought that different papers would have been used for each session.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Readthequestiondear! wrote:...My dd sat the CEM exam in the morning session, and my niece sat the afternoon session. Through their chat, later that evening it appeared that the content/topics/question types in the morning and afternoon sessions were the same!
I thought that different papers would have been used for each session.
I think they would use the same papers on the same day as to be honest the cross over time when information could be passed is only about 30 minutes to an hour, good luck to anyone who wants to panic their dd in that time to revise something that might or might not have been correctly remembered :D

Different when there are 9 days between the first and alternative sittting.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
District9Mum

Post by District9Mum »

I was wondering if the same standardisation process is applied for the test on the 30th, or if they account for the fact that an extra week has passed and that the content of the papers may have been disclosed?
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

The age of the child on test day would certainly be a factor. Standardisation tends to use age in years and months on the day of testing. So some who delayed by a week could find themselves in a different age band as a result.

The numbers on a supplementary date wouldn't be enough for standardisation based on the sample size to be statistically valid though, so it's unlikely that they would/could standardise those separately.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

As far as I can recall, CSSE use different papers for the two sittings. Part of the process involves making sure that the marks for current papers are comparable to those from historical exams (1990 - 1994 are the years that spring to mind?). I think there is a th read somewhere on the Essex forum about what English texts have been used and main sitting and second sitting papers are listed.

CSSE papers are not routinely age-standardised, although presumably they do look at the VR to check as Dr Bevan has said that he they did notice skewing of the results, they would (can't remember if he said do or consider this! )
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
desperatedad

Post by desperatedad »

So can we discuss the CSSE exam yet?