Regarding Barrow Hedges school in Carshalton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
meenamanohar

Regarding Barrow Hedges school in Carshalton

Post by meenamanohar »

We recently moved into Carshalton and my daughter has been offered a place in Barrow Hedges. I know this school was rated outstanding in 2008 and suddenly dropped to Needs improvement category in the latest inspection. Is it a cause of concern , any parent knows the reason as to why this happened? Should I just accept the place ?

Any reviews on the school is highly appreciated?
Pottymum1

Re: Regarding Barrow Hedges school in Carshalton

Post by Pottymum1 »

We joined Barrow Hedges last year after moving schools.
The Ofsted inspection took place in the week that the headteacher returned from maternity leave.
The Ofsted report criticised the interim head for not following the good tracking systems set up by the actual head. This is valid but the head is back and is acknowledged by Ofsted as having implemented good systems which were sadly not adhered to in full whilst she was off.
This was the main criticism of the report although there was some mention of a year group teaching being not as higher standard as others.
As a new parent of a child in one of the higher years I am very pleased with the standards at Barrow Hedges and these are in fact in my opinion better than the 'good' school that we came from.
Hope that helps
meenamanohar

Re: Regarding Barrow Hedges school in Carshalton

Post by meenamanohar »

Thanks PottyMum1 . Happy with the positive response...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now