Good Luck everyone today!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Golightly

Good Luck everyone today!

Post by Golightly »

Looking forward to picking her up at 2:30, I'm convinced this is worse for us than them!

Are we allowed to talk about it yet? Or do the children who have had to defer still sit the same test?
Dande

Re: Good Luck everyone today!

Post by Dande »

Good luck to your DC too Golightly.

Felt very stressed, and quite emotional this morning. Just the Bexley test left to do, and then we can all relax!!!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

2:30 is late! We're 1:45.

Not sure when the "deferred due to illness" day is.
Golightly

Post by Golightly »

I went home and burst into tears! Not sure if it's relief or 'Oh ****!' It's just such a lot for them to do in one sitting. Bexley on Wednesday and then Newstead Wood, have a night out planned for 27th! Wonder if we're allowed to talk about it when they're out?
Golightly

Post by Golightly »

I thought it seemed late too, must be having longer breaks I guess!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

We were told 12:45 last week but they started coming out at 12:20!

It is a bit of a marathon isn't it? NVR and VR go away, a week on punctuation and grammar revision before next Saturday. And then all over again for the indies in January.... Though we're definitely taking all of October off!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

As an aside, have to say that I was very impressed with the Kent process. Clear and timely communication, a familiarisation day to put them at ease, and some very friendly faces checking them in this morning. They'd put ds in a room with the other 2 pupils from his school as well which was a nice touch.

For next Saturday I will not even know which school he is sitting the exam at until close of play on Wednesday....., let alone what time etc.
Golightly

Post by Golightly »

Wasn't it :D We sat in the car till 8:15 drinking hot choc and eating brioche, as there was no queue and then she just walked straight in. And as you said, we were greeted with a smiling face. Not long now!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now