results date?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bewilderedofglos

results date?

Post by bewilderedofglos »

Hi everyone this is my first post after lots of lurking!

Does anyone have any idea whether results will be emailed or just posted this year, and when they are likely to arrive?

I know this sounds a bit eager as we still have three weeks to go, but I have organized an event for my DD and a few friends for Sat 12th pm as I believed the website `results by Monday` meant they would arrive on the Monday, and we would be safe from any difficult situations on the Sat.

Now looking back at previous years, particularly 2012, it seems results came out anything from the Thursday by STRS to the post late Monday for some of the girls grammars! This would put our party in a horrible twilight zone. :cry:

Any advice welcome.
FluffyCat

Re: results date?

Post by FluffyCat »

edit
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bewilderedofglos

Thanks for the information Fluffycat. I hadn't thought of looking within each school site to see if they mentioned results dates (duh).
Certainly sounds dodgy to assume we will all be in blissful/nervous ignorance by Saturday afternoon.

Not wishing to be pessimistic, I don't think I would be able to run a cheery party if we had just found out some bad news, so will have to move the party.

Off to see if other school websites say anything definite...
imustbecrazy

Post by imustbecrazy »

OK so I am confused here (easily done)!
So Pates email results Friday, correct?
SHS said they mail their results on registration letter.
What about the other schools does anyone know when/how they send results?
Chelt_Dad

Post by Chelt_Dad »

Last year STRS emailed us on the Thursday afternoon, Pates on Friday lunchtime, Marling and Crypt sent snail mail letters which arrived on Friday. I think some people had their letters on the Saturday so it is a lottery as to where you live I think. Best of luck with it all!
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

edit
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imustbecrazy

Post by imustbecrazy »

SHS is our first choice, and seems like the last one we will receive, I guess if she does well forPates or HSFG we could guess she's ok for SHS? That's if HSFG sends there's early like STRS!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

SHS, HSFG and Ribston letters all arrived Saturday last year. Pates were emailed Friday. Can't help with boys sorry. (previous years are not worth comparing as the system has changed.)
Dixon

Post by Dixon »

We received email from Pates on the Friday and a letter from Marling and Crypt. One arrived Saturday and one Monday, but I can't remember which came first.
bewilderedofglos

It seems mad that they can't agree to do it in the same way at the same time. It maximizes the stress, especially if the first notification you receive is from a harder school to get into and it isn't good news.

Thanks all for your replies.