Random question...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brum Mum

Random question...

Post by Brum Mum »

Just wondering, do our DC's primary schools get the results of the 11+ tests and if so, does anyone know when?

...I did say it was random! :oops: :lol:
sbarnes

Re: Random question...

Post by sbarnes »

Certainly three years ago, my childs headmistress knew the results in parallel. There was some talk of heads knowing the state selective schools results before they were sent to Parents, although never quite knew if this was factor fiction.
ginx

Post by ginx »

last year, dd2's junior school "wouldn't comment". But I think they did know (in previous years they knew before we did). The head went into the classroom and asked those dc who had coincidentally passed their 11+ (but didn't yet know it) what they were writing about.

I think the head teacher knew.

Edited to add: about a week before we got results.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

I had heard some rumours that this was the case - but wasn't sure whether they were just that! :D
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

My head teacher told me last year that they did NOT know for the first year ever.
Janeymorris

Post by Janeymorris »

My understanding was that up until last year, head teachers had to send in rankings of their students prior to 11plus in sept, then received the results in jan/feb so that they were able to comment on any students that according to rankings should have done acceptionally well and did badly, I guess so they could be considered under the 'borderline' catagory and would be looked at if parents appealed. Last year there was no need for teachers to know before results out as plenty of time before allocation. My head teacher I think definatey new score before allocation 2 years as he was very close to AQS and she had a very nervous look about her day before on parents eve!!!!.
ChilledDad

Post by ChilledDad »

Last year we told head the results. He said he didn't know but hadn't checked his email that morning as it was possible he had received them. I don't know if this helps?
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

I used to work in a prep school and the results were in the staff room before parents found out. All staff were sworn to secrecy though.
paperino

Post by paperino »

I asked to my DD headmistress this morning, she said that they will not receive any information before us, but the LA will send letters to schools in March with the school offers.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

I think under the old system of results and allocation of places happening together they did know, but now that the system has changed to results before applications, there's no reason why they should.