Slough consortium 2013 - was it comparatively easier?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gettingontrack

Slough consortium 2013 - was it comparatively easier?

Post by gettingontrack »

My DS sat the slough consortium exam yesterday and came out of the test saying that the most parts of the test was easy. At the centre after the test, I also overheard some other kids all excited about the test being easy. Cannot generalise based on a few initial reactions, but any input on feedback from DS/DDs is appreciated. I am also wondering how did this rest compare with GL pack and slough consortium tests last year.

Now, I think easier tests have their own implications-kids relax mentally and end up making silly mistakes, possible high cut-offs, etc.
kol

Re: Slough consortium 2013 - was it comparatively easier?

Post by kol »

DS also felt it was very easy .. So I am also thinking if many get the required score there will be high cut offs

Last year some kids came out crying after the exam this year everyone was happy
capries

Post by capries »

yes, my dd said it was easy. though she had to guess last 4 qs in nonverbal as time was up.
speed issues.........
FLG

Post by FLG »

Mine and a friend said it was harder than the bucks one. They said they didn't feel as time pressured, that could be they were used to it after taking the new bucks one though. My DC isn't bothered at all and so very laid back so I find it hard to get anything out of him! He said nobody was upset though as there were a few at the bucks one that were.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Children some times can not really tell if was that easy or hard. May be these children were well prepared. However, if the papers were easy, then the averages would be high and therefore, scoring high would need almost perfect raw scores.

Does any one knows how many children sat for Slough test?
FLG

Post by FLG »

My ds was 625 and his friend at school was 3000+! So maybe more than last year?
K Brar

Post by K Brar »

No my son thought it was tricky :cry:
lara400

Post by lara400 »

the one thing I learnt from my experience with 7+ (and one niece at 11+) is that don't believe what kids say after tests!

Most always come out with "that was EeeeeeesssY!" Best advise would be to put some cotton wool in your ears and get in the car and go home...!

I know a number of children state it was easy.....and they did not get the pass mark.....so, please do not worry yourself's as my daughter came out of her 7+ test saying it was tricky and other kids rabbiting on about how easy it was...........to suddenly find my daughter passed extremely well and I have yet to see the other kids!!
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

FLG wrote:However, if the papers were easy, then the averages would be high and therefore, scoring high would need almost perfect raw scores.
As was the case with Kendrick last year, most girls said it was easy but the raw scores required to qualify were very high :?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

My ds sat the test in the 2nd sitting as we missed the deadline.

He said that the non verbal was difficult.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now