Solihull to Stratford commute

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
equation

Solihull to Stratford commute

Post by equation »

We're looking at KES Stratford but live in Solihull - does anyone's dc commute this distance - how do they cope, train or car travel etc etc. I'm just thinking it might get a bit too much over 7 years for my dc?? :shock:
kongo1959

Re: Solihull to Stratford commute

Post by kongo1959 »

equation wrote:We're looking at KES Stratford but live in Solihull - does anyone's dc commute this distance - how do they cope, train or car travel etc etc. I'm just thinking it might get a bit too much over 7 years for my dc?? :shock:
My dd is 3 weeks into SGGS and I have to be honest that at the moment she is tired, she catches the 7.48 from Whitlocks End to Stratford and gets back at 17.00 ( also a 10 minute drive each way ), which is a long day but little different time wise to if she had gone to Camp Hill via the green bus. There is also a school bus that goes from Dorridge to Stratford but again the timings are similar.

At the moment I am unable to say hand on heart if it's the commute or just going to senior school and being made to work that is making her tired. I think the best thing I am seeing so far is that she is developing a work ethic, time management and does really enjoy the school.

Her friends older sister did seven years of the commute so it is possible.

Ask me again in a few months.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

The first few weeks of a new school will always be tiring, they are learning, having new experiences and it is bound to take its toll.

It doesn't get any better for the next few months, dark morning,nights and cold weather, I dread this time of year myself.

But chldren do get used to it, my son leaves before seven to get a bus to school and gets home just before five. Ideally, I'd love him to pop to the local comp ten minutes walk away and be home for 15.40.

I have asked him if he thinks it has all been worth it (now in Y10) and each time he always says emphatically 'Yes'.

If he is happy, then so am I.
hoorayjane

Post by hoorayjane »

My DD began at SGGS in September and couldn't get a place on the private bus which runs through Solihull, Balsall Common and Kenilworth. Another lady and I do a lift share, myself doing the morning and her the afternoon collection. Our DD's leave at 8am and are home by 430pm (from Balsall Common) We are hoping to organise another bus but need support from other like parents. If you are interested look at the 'Coventry to Stratford 'posts and leave me your contact details. Many thanks,J
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

I found the x32 bus service from Shirley to Solihull for our friends
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Shirley to Stratford that was meant..
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now