making child `Hi Vis"

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
U400JB9

making child `Hi Vis"

Post by U400JB9 »

As both my girls stand at the end of our lane for the bus, wearing navy blue school uniforms and plain dark coats. I am conscious that they are far from visible to the oncoming traffic ( there is no footpath where they wait)

How do you all make your DC`s visible now the nights/mornings are drawing in? I have tried getting DD1 to wear a hi vis tabard, or even a armband. But its a no go with her

Any suggestions?
Tinkers

Re: making child `Hi Vis"

Post by Tinkers »

Reflector strips on their bags?

Do they have to wear a prescribed school coat or any dark coat (this dark coat thing is a real bug bear of mine tbh).

My DD is supposed to have a 'dark' coat. The one I bought her has thin reflective strips on the back and sides. Not noticeable in day time, they just look like thin grey piping, but quite effective in the dark. I've also put a reflective key ring on her rucksack.

It's probably not 'cool' to wear hi vis tabards or arm bands, but if you can get something smaller that's less noticeable in day light, they may be more accepting.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Image Something along these lines maybe?
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Haha, yes Amber, that`s what I was thinking...but not what my almost 15yr old has in mind!!

I was hoping I could find some descrete hi vis strips, bit like the grey ones mentioned, to stick on their bags ( they have superdry bags courtesy of Grandma :? ) and won`t have them tampered with
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

What about something like these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outdoor-Bicycle ... e+stickers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I like them.

What I really need is Hi Vis......in black :roll:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

What about this then?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scotchlite-Blac ... e+stickers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I have just ordered those exact ones thank you.

Maybe I can stick them on and they won`t notice :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It's OK the glow from their mobile phones will light up the neighbourhood as they stand there texting or tweeting.
scary mum
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

A couple of years ago a safety team went into a secondary school near here to talk about being safe on the road and handed out fluorescent gloves to all the girls, which I thought was a great idea and certainly the girls I knew would have happily worn them (they had different colours). Not sure if you could buy them. My husband has running ones but these were woolly.

The school wouldn't let them wear them because they weren't black or blue!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now