Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jojo2305

Results

Post by jojo2305 »

According to other regions, primary schools know dc's results before parents do, is this true of csse and cchs exam results?
ToadMum

Re: Results

Post by ToadMum »

I'm not sure exactly when CSSE informs the primary school, but if you checked the 'results not to be divulged to school' box, then the answer is 'never'. If you did this, you will have had to set a password to be given should you need to contact CSSE about your application. When the email results system went wrong last year, I think quite a lot of people regretted taking the line that it was none of the school's business, as those who had opted not to deny the school the information were eventually able to find out their score from the school.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
fraff

Post by fraff »

ToadMum wrote:I'm not sure exactly when CSSE informs the primary school, but if you checked the 'results not to be divulged to school' box, then the answer is 'never'. If you did this, you will have had to set a password to be given should you need to contact CSSE about your application. When the email results system went wrong last year, I think quite a lot of people regretted taking the line that it was none of the school's business, as those who had opted not to deny the school the information were eventually able to find out their score from the school.
Yes, this happened to us last year. We got the result from DS' primary school a full 24 hours before CSSE managed to get the results email to us.
bravado

Post by bravado »

When the results were released last October, many parents had to wait up to 3 days for their official results as there were some problems with the notification emails from CSSE. For some of those who had opted for their DC's school to be notified, they were able to find out that way, rather than wait and wait.
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

fraff wrote:
ToadMum wrote:I'm not sure exactly when CSSE informs the primary school, but if you checked the 'results not to be divulged to school' box, then the answer is 'never'. If you did this, you will have had to set a password to be given should you need to contact CSSE about your application. When the email results system went wrong last year, I think quite a lot of people regretted taking the line that it was none of the school's business, as those who had opted not to deny the school the information were eventually able to find out their score from the school.
Yes, this happened to us last year. We got the result from DS' primary school a full 24 hours before CSSE managed to get the results email to us.
Ditto
jojo2305

Post by jojo2305 »

Thanks for the info, I don't remember a box that said about not divulging dd results to anyone else though. Hopefully I left it unchecked so if there are any problems with emails I can ask her school.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Can anyone tell me what email address the results came from last year at CSSE ? Was it the admin address ?

I cleverly thought I didn't want son's current school to know.. but had to fess up as needed to get authorised absence for him to sit the alternate date yesterday. Then I've just remembered I gave my husband's work email address to avoid the yahoo/gmail mess up last year. Husband has 850 unread emails in his inbox and gets about 300 a day ! Am trying to think if I could set up a filter to make sure I see the CSSE email. (Got nothing else to be worrying about for the next 10 days or so :? )
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Not sure about last year, but two years ago it was sifauto@csse.org.uk
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dez

Post by dez »

ToadMum wrote:Not sure about last year, but two years ago it was sifauto@csse.org.uk
Last year it was the same email as stated by ToadMum.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now