Greenshaw, Sutton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

paranoidmum

Greenshaw, Sutton

Post by paranoidmum »

Hi,
Does anyone know how many people have been sent acceptances for Greenshaw today? Since we live quite a distance away, I want to find out what are our chances?!?
Thanks
qwatche

Re: Greenshaw, Sutton

Post by qwatche »

I live in SW6, Fulham, London and I was sent one. It does not actually mean you have got a place though, just that they may now consider you.
monikaaji

Post by monikaaji »

Hi, I have also been sent one. Just wondering that how many out of the 800 are sent these and what criteria have they used for these?

MM
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

All of the 799 boys who passed stage 1 will be sent this invite to apply for Greenshaw + all of the girls that reached the pass mark in stage 1 as well.

It certainly isn't an offer of a place - just information that if you apply to Greenshaw, you now have the chance to be considered in their selective category rather than judged purely on distance.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

It appears Greenshaws pass mark might be a lot lower than the other grammars as a friend whose son did not make the cut received a Greenshaw email..
simihoondle

Post by simihoondle »

I think all applicants who sat the test have received the greenshaw email. A boy in ds class took the test and is in bottom set for maths also received the email. I think they need to wait and see how many apply for a selective place then look at the highest scores.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Removed my comments :)
Last edited by parent2013 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

oh dear!

Why not? This School may be a good option for many. Also this school's results are much better than many other comprehensives.
simihoondle

Post by simihoondle »

I agree with Tiffin Boys. I went to Greenshaw's open evening and was impressed. Some won't have got to the second round for grammars so have to think of alternatives and may not be able to afford to send their ds to an independent school.