Are head teachers allowed to disclose marks?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Push

Are head teachers allowed to disclose marks?

Post by Push »

I got a message from DS' school on Friday that the headteacher wants to meet me. I cant think of any matter other than that she might want to talk about the marks. Does anybody know if they are allowed to disclose the marks obtained in 11+ ? We are OCC.
Last edited by Push on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
salsa

Re: Are head teachers allowed to disclose marks?

Post by salsa »

Headteachers would have the results by now in case they need to appeal if they consider a child did not pass and should have. All I learnt from Admissions was that as a parent we would never know if the headteacher appealed.
I guess we don't know our results as we have to wait for all the appeals to go through. I have been told that the test get marked 4 hours after they take them.
You may get to know earlier!
The rest of us may have to find more creative ways to bump into our headteachers to try and glimpse the results from them!
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

I would hope not to be honest.

I'm helping with a school trip on Thursday in my ds class! I won't be able to look his Year 6 teacher in the eye!

lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
salsa

Post by salsa »

The year 6 teacher may not know. Only the headteacher. Ours is always at the gates in the morning, I would have to see if he has a bigger smile on his face... or not...
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I'm not sure heads are allowed to disclose scores before official results day.

We found out our son had a ht appeal ( unsuccessful), when we did our own appeal ( successful). I had no idea until then.
vaani2003

Post by vaani2003 »

That's interesting to know
So all the headteachers of all the schools ? My daughter is in a a Primary school in Greenwich Council, i doubt she will have the results as we are not in Kent council ?

cheers
Push

Post by Push »

vaani2003 wrote:That's interesting to know
So all the headteachers of all the schools ? My daughter is in a a Primary school in Greenwich Council, i doubt she will have the results as we are not in Kent council ?

cheers
I was told by someone on the forum that it does not matter whether you are in the catchment or not, the headteacher of your DC's school will get an opportunity to appeal and therefore see the marks.
Dande

Post by Dande »

Push wrote:I was told by someone on the forum that it does not matter whether you are in the catchment or not, the headteacher of your DC's school will get an opportunity to appeal and therefore see the marks.

That's what our Bexley school told us too.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

We're OOC and this is the first time that anyone from the school has sat Kent. Our head has confirmed that she has the results, but that she is not allowed to disclose them until mid October.
vaani2003

Post by vaani2003 »

Thanks Ladymuck , Push, Dande
I then have to persuade my DD head teacher to tell us the results :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now