Morgan0210

When is 2nd csse sitting over?

Post by Morgan0210 »

Hi,
When Are we able to discuss csse?
MacPac

Re: When is 2nd csse sitting over?

Post by MacPac »

I would like to know too. I'm desperate to find out how other children found the exam. I should imagine the 2nd sitting is underway.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

SHSG seems to be hosting the Southend / Westcliff exam (friend's DS who had been due to sit at WHSB on the 21st but was ill is sitting it there today) and the candidates had to arrive at 8.15 - 8.30. Therefore it should all be over here by 12.

I don't know about KEGS or the Colchester schools, but would assume they would choose a morning slot as well?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Push

Post by Push »

MacPac wrote:I would like to know too. I'm desperate to find out how other children found the exam. I should imagine the 2nd sitting is underway.
KEGS: DS is in the exam hall and will be out by 11:40 AM
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

Thank you Push. Not long to wait now....
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

ToadMum wrote:SHSG seems to be hosting the Southend / Westcliff exam (friend's DS who had been due to sit at WHSB on the 21st but was ill is sitting it there today) and the candidates had to arrive at 8.15 - 8.30. Therefore it should all be over here by 12.

I don't know about KEGS or the Colchester schools, but would assume they would choose a morning slot as well?

Oooohhh I guess it's safe to start discussing exam content?
djy76

Post by djy76 »

My friend's DS is just out from KEGS sitting this morning, he seemed relaxed from what she has shared...
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

Hopefully I won't get in trouble! My DS said English was "easy" which isn't good because he always says that and ends up doing appallingly haha. He said maths was hard but he answered all the questions but didn't have enough time to check all his answers. Maths is his strongest subject so I find this worrying. He finished his VR 10 minutes early!!! So all in all I don't think we'll be getting the news we want next week.

He's only remembered a handful of the questions and content which I'll share once I know it's definitely safe to do so.
desperatedad

Post by desperatedad »

A similar story here. My D said the English paper was really easy and finished the VR with a spare 10 minutes but described the maths paper as really hard. She wasn't even able to finish the paper. She thinks she left out about 2 to 5 questions but wasn't confident with those she'd answered. This is someone who normally scores 70-80% in practise papers.
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

desperatedad wrote:A similar story here. My D said the English paper was really easy and finished the VR with a spare 10 minutes but described the maths paper as really hard. She wasn't even able to finish the paper. She thinks she left out about 2 to 5 questions but wasn't confident with those she'd answered. This is someone who normally scores 70-80% in practise papers.
That's really interesting. It's almost identical to my son. I'm wondering if they've decided to mix things up a bit this year because it's normally the English which is hard. I'm a bit miffed about the English because one of the sections we were relying on wasn't there according to my ds.

I'm not sure what to make of the VR paper. It's unusual to finish that early. The passmark might end up being much higher this year.
Last edited by MacPac on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.