National Curriculum

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bob1892

National Curriculum

Post by Bob1892 »

Hi
Can anybody provide me with a link to the national curriculum for years 4, 5 and 6?
Thanks
Bob
mystery

Re: National Curriculum

Post by mystery »

The current year 5 and 6 will be tested under the old national curriculum. You can find it on the DfE website by searching around. It's not a straightforward read by any stretch of the imagination.

The current years 3 and 4 will be tested under the new national curriculum which has to be taught from September 2014. They are disapplied from the old national curriculum this year to allow schools to get ready to teach them the full blown new national curriculum next year.

You can also find it on the DfE website by searching for national curriculum 2014. You can find year by year stuff for English and maths and other subjects. It doesn't have to be done strictly in those years though so long as they have been taught the right stuff by the end of KS1 and KS2.

It is an easier read than the old national curriculum documents which I find a bit nebulous.

Hope that helps.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Thanks Mystery- I knew I could rely on you to help out :D
moved

Post by moved »

It is in two-year chunks, so lower ks2 and upper ks2.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Most primaries are sticking to the old for now. No need to rush into a change as no-one knows what the assessment will look like.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Well even our primary which doesn't know about most changes seems to have shifted my year 3 child on to the new national curriculum - for example they use the Hamilton Trust week by week, day by day maths plans which are supposed to follow the new national curriculum (I am not sure whether they do or not though because I think they may have been put together before the final draft issued this September).

I think they may unwittingly be planning to shift my year 5 child onto the new national curriculum when they shouldn't be doing so though .... must check!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Hamilton trust plans are not new mystery.
mystery

Post by mystery »

No I know that Hamilton trust plans are not new- but they have some maths plans on their website which they claim follow the national curriculum, and some transitional plans for year groups starting the new curriculum part way through a key stage etc.

Are Hamilton trust maths plans generally good, or a load of old cobblers?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now