How is everyone feeling?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CheltMum13

How is everyone feeling?

Post by CheltMum13 »

It seems rather quiet at the moment compared to previous years! Just wondering how everyone is feeling with the tests looming. I'm feeling sick and nervous, whereas DD is thankfully very calm (just hoping she stays that way). Both looking forward to it being over with this weekend :)
pixiequeen

Re: How is everyone feeling?

Post by pixiequeen »

Feeling sick and nervous here too. Unfortunately I think DD2 is feeling a bit nervous too, even though we have taken the pressure right off.

Can't wait for Saturday to be over - DD2 is going to eat as much junk food as she can manage on Saturday afternoon and stay up late!

Dreading waiting for the results next week. If I feel this nervous now I will be in a dreadful state next week :(

Ridiculous really, as we have the option of an excellent comp where all her friends will be going.
Fozmum

Post by Fozmum »

Feeling very sick! Two years ago when DS took the test I nearly broke myself with nerves. He was remarkably chilled through the whole process and came out of the exam confident he had done well enough to get into the school of his choice. He had :D

Not sure DD is as confident. Will be working hard to calm us both this week...not looking forward to the waiting for results.

Looking forward to giving her treats for her efforts tho (surprise package arrived today)...and she has requested a box a chocs which she thoroughly deserves.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

I am nervous, not sure about ds!
We still haven't settled on a good alternative option if he doesn't pass, which I think is stressing me out more than the actual test. The school we were thinking of, has dropped out of the running after a friend told me she is pulling her son out due to unhappiness with the teaching, so we at back at the drawing board.

Our information letter arrived today with his label badge for the exam, which has made me more nervous.

It is so hard, ds varies on his sample papers between good enough for Pates and fail. We aren't aiming at Pates, but fail isn't going to get him in!
CheltMum13

Post by CheltMum13 »

Wine and chocolate consumption may increase dramatically in Gloucestershire over the next two weeks :lol:

Is hard when DC have set their heart on a particular school. We are fortunate that we have a good comprehensive on the doorstep, which will be great for DD if things don't go as planned - she may need a little convincing though. At least we will all have a better idea of options in a fortnights time eek!

Treats at the ready for Saturday afternoon :)

Hoping this forum keeps me sane! Nice to know there are lots of others in the same boat :D
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Am feeling your pain and remembering just how I was feeling 2 years ago; wine in the evening definitely helps :D .

It brings home to me though how I'm going to be feeling this time next year when it's DS's turn (and not knowing the new format really isn't helping!). I won't lie to you that the week will fly by unfortunately, but it is the biggest relief in the world when you get the results, just to have more of an idea where you stand, before every parents' nightmare of next stage of waiting until March for school allocation.

Try to work with the "what will be, will be" philosophy because things very often work out well in the end, even if it's not the path you intended (in no way religious, but it's just something I've found many times in my life).

Wishing you all well.
ofsoundmind

Post by ofsoundmind »

Our information letter arrived today too. Ds says he's not nervous at all. He always has been a laid back chap.
Me on the other hand.......
kikko4138

Post by kikko4138 »

My daughter said she is feeling nervous, whilst I started to feel "What will be..." until we receive the info about Sat....

Unfortunately no wine or chocolate for me though. Can't wait till all is over!
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

We haven't got our letter yet - is anyone else still waiting?
kikko4138

Post by kikko4138 »

Pixequeen, Which school did you choose as the test centre?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now