Waiting for results...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MadHatter

Waiting for results...

Post by MadHatter »

So schools have the marks, HT appeals are well under way and still two weeks to go until we find out. The suspense is killing me here. I waver daily (actually every 5 minutes) between fantasising about the moment we discover DS has achieved a maximum score and practising my "delighted" face as we learn he's flunked it and is destined for the dire (ahem, "wonderful") comp up the road.

How's everyone else coping with the waiting?
Ladymuck

Re: Waiting for results...

Post by Ladymuck »

Well I'm definitely more stressed than ds. 3 children sat from his school, and it is the first time that anyone has done so. The Head has told me that she has the results but isn't allowed to give them to me until 17th October. She has done everything that she can to indicate that it is good news, BUT I don't think that she knows (or rather has thought about) the difference between a "pass" and a "good enough for superselective" pass! So I'm not sure whether she is ready for my disappointment with a score of 400 :)

It was very much a long shot for us as we only made the decision to sit for any grammar in the last week of June. We will have to try and visit any possible school in the last week of half term (which is possibly what is causing me stress). The plus side is that ds isn't going to be as upset to find he has not got into a school that he has never seen.
MadHatter

Post by MadHatter »

Wishing your DS luck Ladymuck, fingers crossed for a magic 423. We are fortunate that a straight pass should secure us a place at GS but not at our first choice. We are in two minds about visiting/revisiting schools before results. Like you I think it's probably best to wait, but whatever that magic piece of paper says it's going to be a mad rush to do the rounds afterwards.

Knowing the head knows the results is dreadful. We were thinking about doing a couple of morning school visits but the thought of writing to the head and explaining where we're going is just so embarrassing in the event that DS hasn't passed or passed highly enough.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Yes, it does leave the relationship with the current school all a bit surreal!

Ds has his last exam next Wednesday so I am hoping that we can forget about it then! It is harder to do that when you're still trying to make sure you have everything that you need for the next exam day.
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

Nice to be sharing this nerve wracking time with others!

It's sending me crazy!
;kysiesmum

Post by ;kysiesmum »

Ds2 has said that all the test takers books have gone and HT said that this was for appeal as it was better to take all than single out one as only a few took the test so it would be obvious to them who the appeal was for. I'm now even more worried in case it's ds2 as he will be gutted if he doesn't pass. :(
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

My ds has informed that everyone's Maths SAT paper they took in the first week of Sept has been called back into school!
I can only think they are appealing for someone in the class for failing the Maths element of the Kent.

Now everyone is nervous!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Isn't it a bit late? I thought that the appeal deadline was a week ago?
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

Well that's what I thought, but it seems very suspicious to me to suddenly ask for the papers to all come back into school by Monday.
Maybe it's ofsted!
cassandre

Post by cassandre »

So the 17th is when we can ask our head teacher for the scores - hmmm so what about schools that are on strike that day!?! Another day of stress to add to the ones we've endured already.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now