Countdown Begins - Friday 11th October 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fat pigeon

Re: Countdown Begins - Friday 11th October 2013

Post by Fat pigeon »

Looking at the historical data on this forum (& a few off it), I agree with eastern i.e.

Top 50 Rank ~ 90% marks.

Furthermore, top 100 Rank at ~ 85% marks.

The last 20 borderline marks are harder to call, but in 2010, there was a young dc (WCHS applicant) who got in at >

Rank 115 & ~ 83% marks.

I cannot imagine any dc recalling more than a maximum of 5 qs.

Anyway, until the Second sitting in ~ February 2014 is over, I don't agree with giving an unfair & uneven playing field disadvantaging of the majority i.e. September 2013 sitters.

There will always be potential trolls trying to get a reaction & wheedle out time-sensitive information with regard to the exam questions.

Loose lips sink... :wink:

3 Days Left!
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
cello

Post by cello »

I spent last night looking up old results too. We really do need this to be over don't we :lol:

My dd seemed to score 82 % a lot for some reason so her chance will be an outside one. Also stark truth is that a few marks really do make all the difference judging by the results available.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

2 Days Left!

One of the bravest post-result posters was "thisismylife" for the Sept 2013 Entry year, her dd achieved a Rank of 341, with TSS = 206 (which is prob. ~ low to mid 70s %). Naturally, she did not appear to want to post the whole information.

I am pretty sure that there is not too much separating the majority of test-takers. So, extrapolating those that eventually top local comprehensives at 16+, would probably include a large proportion of unsuccessful 11+ sitters.
baffled

Post by baffled »

Phewww, nearly there folks - and actually am ok with whatever happens - going on from what fat pigeon said, yes my own neighbors elder son did his 11+ (over 5 yrs ago) and unfortunately did not get in but he went onto to do really well at the local comp achieving 10 A* - A's. His younger brother did get in 2 yrs ago but by far the elder is a lot brighter, the elder even got an offer to study A levels at a very well to do college but he turnt it down saying that the local comp was a lot more supportive and would help him achieve getting into medicine. At the time when he didnt get a place at ICHS he told his distraught father "dont worry dad, i will do fine at the local comp"which was so sweet for a 10 yr old and on hindsight after all these years he did just that. Parents have to remember to always support their children on the learning journey and they will always shine. :)

so what i am trying to say is its not the end and sometimes its for the best whatever the result!
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

1 Day Left!

Beautiful point baffled :wink: >

We love our children first & foremost because of who they are, NOT what material achievements they attain.

They have endeared themselves even further by striving so hard (at just ~10 years old) - the results are a tertiary bonus, a fruit which will be seen at 16+ etc.

The 11+ is a hurdle, with no reward in & of itself, unlike the 16+ exams.
It just offers a good opportunity to join large numbers of like-minded motivated & able children in amongst the best end of the teaching spectrum.

Real gems will shine throughout their lives, even though they may not be recognised as quickly by the herd 8) .
eastern

Post by eastern »

Just some confirmation from you folks are results posted today and we get them tomorrow?Or are they being sent out tomorrow which would mean a Sat/Monday post
cello

Post by cello »

Posted tomorrow. Received when Royal Mail sees fit!
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Good luck to everyone!
xx
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

ZER0 - Time's Up, journey's end!

Best of Luck to all our hard-working Dcs with their magnificent sacrifices, & not forgetting our cherishing & patient guides, our Dps ( especially the Regulars :wink: )!

Do not forget, we have all won, whatever the results-lottery, because we have dcs that are fully ready to take on the stamina & critical thinking that is required to wipe out those 16+ exams :lol: ...
Kanf

Post by Kanf »

Hi guys I have some extra information that we will be receiving an email today anytime and the letters tomorrow. Does anyone know if this information is correct
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now