Quiet here in Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkus-Pinkus

Quiet here in Bucks

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

The forum in Bucks has gone very quiet. It is just over 48 hours until the post arrives on Friday, a few more hours for those getting school results for their DC's. I can tell my DD is stressed because she keeps losing things and she is still coming into my bed in the middle of the night. So not much sleep going on around here. She has a play date this evening and Orchestra on Thursday so will be kept well distracted, between now and Friday. DD has harvest festival at school late in the afternoon on Friday. Assuming the postal service does what it is meant to, and delivers the letter on time, I should know the result by then, so I will have to keep my mouth firmly shut whatever the result when other mothers ask me what it is.
I have taken the day off on Friday to make sure that I am here for the post, a bit over the top, I know.
here is hoping that all our DC's get over the magic 121
loopymum64

Re: Quiet her in Bucks

Post by loopymum64 »

It really is quiet isn't it !! Still managing to sleep, mainly because work is hectic and I'm exhausted. Cant believe we're nearly there. Having to avoid the playground in case I get any strange looks from the Head as I suspect she knows the results by now. My son has an inset Friday so he can keep me amused while we wait for DD to make her way home from school with the all important envelope. Scary !! Good luck everyone.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Don't worry - there will be plenty of nail biting on thursday evening / night on here .... we'll start playing "I spy" or something like that to pass the time :wink:

Just a reminder though - please don't mention scores - all that is needed in Bucks to get 121 or over, some will get much higher scores and while they are admirable, they don't make a difference to the school allocated and posting about them is unhelpful - particularly to others who have just missed the score and are concerned about appealing.
doting_mum

Re: Quiet here in Bucks

Post by doting_mum »

My DS has downloaded a countdown app on my phone...2 days 5 hours 20 mins remaining for the envelope to reach me...I have taken Friday off and my husband is also planning to work from home so we can all open the envelope together!! Unable to sleep properly _ I have driven my family and friends mad :roll: :roll: :roll:
Can't help my nerves....
Audreylawyer

Post by Audreylawyer »

hermanmunster wrote:Don't worry - there will be plenty of nail biting on thursday evening / night on here .... we'll start playing "I spy" or something like that to pass the time :wink:

Just a reminder though - please don't mention scores - all that is needed in Bucks to get 121 or over, some will get much higher scores and while they are admirable, they don't make a difference to the school allocated and posting about them is unhelpful - particularly to others who have just missed the score and are concerned about appealing.
Will the passing score remain the same under CEM as before. I thought that there maybe a new passing score to go along with the new system. Also, I did not realise the scores were provided :shock: Thought it was simply achieved or did not achieve the standard.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/1350279 ... 013-14.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See page 19

Good luck all :D
scary mum
Sanna

Post by Sanna »

Yes this forum went spookily quiet! Glad to have the camaraderie back again as we wait tensely. Personally I seem unable to think about anything else and all the Bucks school open evenings haven't helped forget about it!

Fingers, toes, knees and everything crossed for Friday: good luck everyone although things have a knack of turning out for the best even if they don't seem great at the time....
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:The forum in Bucks has gone very quiet.
From past experience this feels very much like the "calm before the storm." :|
hermanmunster wrote: .... we'll start playing "I spy" or something like that to pass the time :wink: .
....something beginning with P! :lol:
Audreylawyer wrote: Will the passing score remain the same under CEM as before. I thought that there maybe a new passing score to go along with the new system.
Yes, the qualifying score is still 121 but I'm sure I read somewhere that the range of standardised scores is much wider than the previous 69 - 141. Can't find any more info at present, though.
Edited to add - just found clarification in another thread (thanks, Sanna!) that the score range will be 40 to 180+.
Sanna wrote:... things have a knack of turning out for the best even if they don't seem great at the time....
Precisely what I was telling my DD as she waited for the bus this morning! The example I used was that her big sis didn't get her university place first time around, and was very upset but used the extra year to qualify as a lifeguard and gain experience. Big sis now has a part-time job working at the uni pool, doing something she enjoys and helping to pay her way, which wouldn't have been the case if she'd gone straight from school. DD just said that a lot of her friends are going to the comp so she wouldn't mind if that's how it works out. I hope she feels the same on Friday if it's bad news! :)
Last edited by Marylou on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marylou
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Sorry, duplicated post and can't find the delete button! :oops:
Last edited by Marylou on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marylou
wodev

Post by wodev »

My DD has convinced herself she has not passed (admitted as much when she came out the exam), so she has now settled on the idea that she is going to the local comp. So no trepidation here, but secretly hoping for a nice surprise so she can join her sibling at GS. But dreading a score in the 'appeal' range...