late application - moving house

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guesti

late application - moving house

Post by guesti »

Hi, just wondered if anyone had any experience of moving into Kent after 19th October deadline for CAF last year, if so, what happened to your application? I am hoping to move into Kent shortly but am concerned about not moving into Kent in time for the CAF to be sent in under my new address in Kent. I have been told that it would be treated as a late application but I am not entirely sure what this means, any info would be much appreciated
perplexed

admissions

Post by perplexed »

I don't have a secondary school admissions booklet for Kent 2008/09 so I don't know what it says. If it is not clear in that booklet (but I would have thought it would be) then you should e-mail the Kent admissions section (you will find the address on the website or in the booklet) and get an e-mail response to your question.

Sometimes they prefer to do things over the phone, so if you are keen on having an answer in "writing" then say in your e-mail that you are not available to speak on the telephone during the day.

Good luck with the move etc.
guesti

Post by guesti »

Thank you perplexed, I did want a reply in writing so emailed Kent Admissions and haven't heard anything back. I should have mentioned that I cannot use the telephone today, good idea! My husband did speak to them over the phone and got such a vague reply that seemed to contradict the booklet, I wanted something in black and white..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now