Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
znbamd

UGS

Post by znbamd »

Hi everyone
hope the exams are going well
I just wanted to discuss with you guys about today's arrangement at UGSI personally found it very disorganized.
I didn't like that everyone was crowded around a car park I thought it was unsettling.
What did you all think?
stretfordmum69

Re: UGS

Post by stretfordmum69 »

totally agree, first exam but found it totally disorganised
Mr147

Post by Mr147 »

I emailed UGS as my DS couldn't sit it due the clash of dates with St Ambrose.

No reply until this came through....

Seems like they forgot to give all parents an alternative date and some were completely missed out!

Not sure if I want to give DS another exam as I have told him after the SGS that it was now all over - it would be a little evil now to get him doing another!

Dear XXXXX

Thank you for your email and please accept my sincere apologies for not responding to your earlier email.

I would like to confirm that the application form you completed for XXXXXX has now been included for the second alternative date. Once this date is confirmed an information pack will be forwarded to you.

Please see the response below forwarded to parents who are now pursuing an alternative date.

Thank you for your recent communication with us regarding the clash of dates with another school.

Please note the following details:
1. Since we became aware that the date of our entrance examination clashed with another school, Urmston Grammar has worked from a ‘script’ to ensure that the same information is received by all parents whether they have made contact by telephone, personal visit or email;
2. Throughout the application and preparation processes we have made it clear that whilst there is a clash, it would be sensible for parents to arrange for their child to sit the entrance examination on Saturday 21st September for the school that is likely to be their first choice;
3. We have also made it clear that we would arrange an alternative date for those who elected to sit the St Ambrose exam on Saturday 21st September but who would still like to be considered for our school;
4. Parents that informed us of their intention in writing prior to when the information pack was forwarded (13/09/13); were included on the alternative date – 3rd October. A second alternative date will now need to be arranged when exact numbers are known. However, this will be a normal working day in school therefore capacity will be limited.
5. Please be aware should you wish your child to be considered for a place at Urmston Grammar then you need to indicate this on the Common Preference Form that will be returned by you to your home authority by 31st October 2013.
6. Please contact Mrs Masters by 3:30pm on Wednesday 23rd October 2013 in writing if you would like your child to be allocated a place for the second alternative date.

Regards

Admissions Team at Urmston Grammar
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Hello Mr 147,

This has come has a surprise, why did they leave you out.
Mr147

Post by Mr147 »

I think they made an error in not contacting everyone who wrote in.

Hence when they did the alternate sit date some parents found out and were not amused.

Still to hear of another date made available yet but I guess time is running out.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Mr147 wrote:I think they made an error in not contacting everyone who wrote in.

Hence when they did the alternate sit date some parents found out and were not amused.

Still to hear of another date made available yet but I guess time is running out.

Mr 147, i were you, i would carry this forward, every child should have an opportunity to sit for the exam. It is admin error on the school side, in fact they should be contacting you now and discussing dates....i quite amused by how they missed some people out......
Mr147

Post by Mr147 »

I'm guessing the new date will be after the 23rd October after the last point made from the School.

Hopefully we won't need to attend but if results elsewhere go wrong then he will be there :lol:
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Mr147 wrote:I'm guessing the new date will be after the 23rd October after the last point made from the School.

Hopefully we won't need to attend but if results elsewhere go wrong then he will be there :lol:
But when are the ugs results coming out...surely they would have to do it before that. Well in any sense you have got a good strategy there...something that i ususally lack of...
Mstar

Post by Mstar »

UGS have posted on their website that results will be issued on Saturday the 19th of October. The wait continues!
UrmstonDad

Post by UrmstonDad »

Results arrived today. DD had passed, so she now has AGGS and UGS to choose from, fingers crossed we can add Sale to the list next week. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now