RESULTS DAY FRIDAY 11TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

RESULTS DAY FRIDAY 11TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Everyone

The Bucks results are less than 48 hours away now, and I know how nerve-racking that is from personal experience. Please may I advise/remind you of a few points?

- Children at Bucks state schools and Partner Schools will receive their results by pupil post at the end of the school day.

- Please do not open the envelope while you are on school premises. The sight of children and parents alternately whooping and wailing is a very unedifying one.

- Out of County children's results are posted first class on Thursday, in the fervent hope that they will arrive on Friday.

- If the letter does not arrive on Friday, there is no point in calling Bucks CC Admissions. They will not disclose results over the phone under any circumstances. You just have to sit it out, and register the absence of a letter after the post arrives on Monday.

- They will inform you as to when a replacement letter might be sent, but I am glad to say that non-arrival of results within three deliveries is as rare as hens' teeth. It is usually the Royal Mail (bless their share price!) who let you down.

- PLEASE DO NOT POST SCORES ABOVE 121 ON THE FORUM!

- There is no need to do so, it is simply boasting and it can be upsetting to those who have not been successful. Any such posts will be edited/removed.

- Finally, please show sensitivity towards those who have not received the results they hoped for.

- If you are among them, Etienne's advice below is your starting point, and we will all support you to the best of our ability.
Etienne wrote:The very best of luck to everyone waiting for the results! :)

Hope you won't need our help, but we will be available if you should need assistance with reviews/appeals.
Please do some reading first of all, before asking questions on the forum.
Start here.

If you need it, BCC's official information about raw scores, remarks and analysis can be found here.

Finally, for some words of encouragement from those who have been through the experience of non-qualification in the 11+ (as well as an unsuccessful appeal),
see here.
Some information from the presentations given at schools about the change in test format/scoring from this year
Booklady wrote:Range of Scores:
Standardised scores in previous years between 69 to 141
With new tests range of scores will be wider 40 to 180+
The same percentage of pupils will qualify as in previous years

STTS may, in future be as high as about 180 and as low as about 40. This greater spread of scores will give better differentiation between pupils, particularly around the qualifying score of 121.
An important implication of this is that the only score that will equate directly to previous tests is 121. No other score will equate directly, thus, for example an ‘old’ score of 110 will in future be a ‘new’ score of about 98.
None of this undermines the fact that the standardisation process puts all pupils on the same scale regardless of their chronological age at the time of testing. Even though the ‘old’ score was 110 and the new score is 98 this does not mean either score indicates the child is more or less able than the other – YOU CANNOT DIRECTLY COMPARE OLD AND NEW SCORES EXCEPT AT THE POINT OF 121.
My best wishes for Friday to you all, and especially to your DC.

Sally-Anne
MamaBear

Re: RESULTS DAY FRIDAY 11TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ BEFORE POST

Post by MamaBear »

Thank you, really helpful advice. Good luck to everyone opening their envelopes!
mumofboy

Post by mumofboy »

Sally Anne and Etienne; Helpful as ever. Thank you so much.
I am just hanging on by a bare thread to the little sanity, what is left after all 11+ tests and last moment changes . Also, I want to thank all the other people who helped us on our hard journey. Best of luck to all our DC.
Last edited by mumofboy on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desperate_Parents

Post by Desperate_Parents »

Thank you for the helpful post. May I wish that every child (and parent) gets positive results after all the hard work.

Good Luck Everyone!

Desperate_Dad
patricia

Post by patricia »

Good Luck to all for tomorrow. (I am nervous too!)

Whatever the outcome you and your children have worked very hard. Celebrate that fact.

My advice would be: Keep yourself Very Busy.

Coffee and cake anyone?

Patricia
mumofboy

Post by mumofboy »

patricia wrote:Good Luck to all for tomorrow. (I am nervous too!)
Whatever the outcome you and your children have worked very hard. Celebrate that fact.
My advice would be: Keep yourself Very Busy.
Coffee and cake anyone?
Patricia

:) Thank you, we need all the "good luck" we can get. Yes, I was Very Busy since 4.30 this morning. I am not sure why I couldn't sleep? :shock: :wink:
Oh, coffe cake and coffee would do nicely. I am all for it? Where is the gathering? :)
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

patricia wrote:
Coffee and cake anyone?
Yes please! Just about to do the same with another nervous mum. Otherwise have work spilling out of my ears and a half-redecorated house in a vain attempt to keep my mind off things! Good luck to all. x
Marylou
lisashy

Post by lisashy »

Dear Sally-Anne

Thank you for your kind advice. My boy has got his results, and he is Is curious of the total score of this 11+ exam on paper (so that he can figure out the percentage of his overall accuracy).
You did mention the result range is “40 ~ 180+” in your post, but what is the possible highest mark a student could get in this exam?
Thanks.

Wish every hardworking kids get the results they deserve. :-)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If you look on some of the other Bucks threads I think you will see that a percentage cannot be worked out due to standardisation. I also understand that in the end the range was 5-199.
scary mum
lisashy

Post by lisashy »

Thank you!
(This standardisation is simply a mystery! :D )
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now