Results delays due to postal strike - King Edward Louth

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Healing Mum

Results delays due to postal strike - King Edward Louth

Post by Healing Mum »

For everyone's information - I have just noticed on the website for King Edward VI Grammar School in Louth that they will be opening the sports hall between 12-2pm on Saturday 13th October 2007 in case of postal delays caused by the strike. Parents who do not receive their letters on Saturday morning can go along to the school to collect the results.

Does anyone know of a contingency plan like this for Caistor Grammar?
KitKat

Post Delay

Post by KitKat »

Does anyone know if Bourne Grammar are opening on Saturday for those that do not receive results in the post?

Re: Post Delay

Post by Guest »

KitKat wrote:Does anyone know if Bourne Grammar are opening on Saturday for those that do not receive results in the post?
Just took a look at Bourne's webiste and nothing is mentioned on there. :(
Guest101

Results

Post by Guest101 »

Just heard that Bourne Grammar will be open on Friday 2 - 4.15pm for the results to be collected by parents - ID needed. Good Luck everyone !!!
kitkat

Bourne Grammar School

Post by kitkat »

Yes, we have heard the same.
chuff1965

results

Post by chuff1965 »

We have been told to ring Carres Grammar, Sleaford on Monday if no post

Re: Results

Post by Guest »

Guest101 wrote:Just heard that Bourne Grammar will be open on Friday 2 - 4.15pm for the results to be collected by parents - ID needed. Good Luck everyone !!!
Did they say which forms of ID are accepted please?
I've no current passport or Driving Licence so would bank cards and my child's birth certificate suffice?

Post by Guest »

It's okay, I've just answered my own question! :oops:

This is from Bourne Grammar website;

11+ Examination Results

Because of the difficulties with the delivery of the 11+ examination results (due to the postal dispute) we are able to offer parents of students who took the 11+ here the opportunity to come to Bourne Grammar School to collect results on Friday 12 October 2007, but ONLY between 2.00 pm and 4.15 pm.

We will not, under any circumstances, release the results to anyone other than the parent or guardian of the student concerned. Please, therefore, bring identification such as a driving license or a utility or credit card bill showing name and home address. We will then release the results against the parental signature.

Parking at the school is very difficult at the moment, so we advise parents to find alternative off-site parking arrangements.

Any letters not collected between the above times, will be posted in the evening collection.

(Please understand that no discussion of results will be possible when the letters are collected.)