Luxury Carrot Cake

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sbarnes

Luxury Carrot Cake

Post by sbarnes »

Can someone be kind enough to post a link to a tasty carrot cake recioe pelase. Thanks.
Amber

Re: Luxury Carrot Cake

Post by Amber »

I use a recipe originally by Cranks from the days before the Internet - a very old book and the recipe is now inscribed on my brain. But look, I see it is online! Actually I usually don't use the whole meal flour as it makes it heavy - normal SR is fine.

http://www.cranks.co.uk/recipes/view/carrot-cake" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I make mini ones for lunch boxes too. Yummy.

I have just realised that you were asking for a 'luxury' carrot cake. I'm not sure this qualifies. Put gold sprinkles on top perhaps?
Last edited by Amber on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I have to try this...!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Looks v good and simple for a cc.
I went to get some desiccated coconut for some pineapple and coconut muffins last week, it was £1.99! Used to be v cheap, for pyramids etc, was that just my local supermarket?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Simpler than my receipe too (which has walnuts in as well, but I usually leave them out). That's the baking for this weekend sorted, then. I have two good apple cake recipes, but it sounds as though everyone is fed up of apples!
scary mum
marigold

Post by marigold »

I recently made a Jamie Oliver one.....absolutely disgusting. I am a regular baker so should know what I am doing but something obviously went horribly wrong. I will give the Cranks one a go next time, I too have a well thumbed copy of their book and many happy memories of eating there whilst at University.
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

the trick with carrot cake is to grate the carrots when you need to add them. If you grate them and keep them aside, they will become dark and runny which will spoil the cake - learnt this the hard way
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

I made a Mary Berry one last week; it was foul. Tries to convince myseldf it was edible, but yuk!! Stay away from the Mary Berry recipe. Mushed bananans not a good idea Mary..

I will try the recipe posted this weekend. Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now