BT net protect

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stroudydad

BT net protect

Post by stroudydad »

Have I just been unlucky or is really not very good? We changed broadband to BT on Tuesday, and I have had two serious malware infections already. Everything is up to date but it seems useless..
talea51

Re: BT net protect

Post by talea51 »

I have no idea what BT Net Protect is like but I wanted to ask are you using Windows? If so, Windows has it's own built in firewall and security and it's excellent. You can switch it on in the Control Panel.

If it's IOS you are using, then sorry I have no idea but there are lots of free AV's out there. AVG is good and so is ZoneAlarm although I don't know whether they are compatible with IOS. Also, Malwarebytes is free for 30 days so you can use it to make sure you've removed any hidden nasties that may still be on your pc.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Thanks, to be honest I have gone back to bullguard, in 3 years on 3 devices we never had any problems..
Amber

Post by Amber »

Get a Mac. :lol:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

pist

Post by pist »

I'm with you on bull guard. Does what it says in the tin, just sits in the background and does its job. Have used it for about 8 years. Every time I try something else I need to actually get involved with it. Much prefer to surf around here to keeping up to date in the world of malware :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now