Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
monstermum

Is there anybody out there.........?

Post by monstermum »

I now see how my DD got offered a place at RGS. She is the only one going!! Lol
Samlet

Re: Is there anybody out there.........?

Post by Samlet »

Ha ha. Plus mine. Expecting a few of my DD's friends to be going but not heard yet. As you know, results were a bit later in Medway. Will pm you if I hear cut-off.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Thanks. I've sent you a PM. :D
oob mum

Post by oob mum »

I was wondering how your DDs were getting on at RGS and what you now think of the school as we are considering RGS e.g. homework, clubs, teachers and how far do girls come? My DD passed the Medway test. Any advice will be welcomed.

Thank you.
Mumx4

Post by Mumx4 »

Hi all I'm quite interested in the above post as that's my dilemma as well. DD adores RGS but we reside in Gravesend, would live to hear how kids commuting from afar find the journey. There's a bus that lives from here at 07:34 and arrives RGS at 08:10. I'm attending the Open Day tomorrow so hope to get answers to my numerous questions.
Mumx4

Post by Mumx4 »

Sorry about my typo

Should be would love to hear...
There's a bus that leaves ...

I think I need to do the exams myself but might not pass it with my baby brain, :o
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Hi I've posted another reply about your transport query.

My DD is very happy, seems settled and organised already. The first couple of weeks had a fair amount of homework, but it has eased off now to a regular 1-2 pieces a night. She find the lessons interesting and is proud as punch of her school which she will be showing off tomorrow. She seems very confident and at home - I couldn't be more pleased of her first half term. :D
Mumx4

Post by Mumx4 »

Thanks Samlet and well done to your DD, who knows in a year 's time that could be my daughter. Lovely to hear that the homework is a little bit manageable now - was worried that they would be bombarded with loads of work!
oob mum

Post by oob mum »

Really loved Rochester Girls and I hope I am being sensible enough not to put it as number 1 because of distance especially after the weather problems on Monday and trains being cancelled but can't keep on feeling how happy DD will be especially having just missed out on Kent by 2 marks. Anyway, thank you for all your advice.