Can you get a Grammar place from Herts if passed test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Cricket

Can you get a Grammar place from Herts if passed test?

Post by Cricket »

Whilst I know that many of those whose child did not reach the 121 will be unsympathetic to out of area kids, can someone please advise whether a child has any chance of obtaining a grammar place in Bucks.

If test is passed with 121plus, what is realistic chances of obtaining a Bucks grammar and does order come into it?

I know of a boy who was offered Dr Ch Grammar who lived in Herts on first round about 2/3 years ago- but do not understand how this happened when I read on forums that one has no chance of a place at DrC out of area?????

Thanks
Jpk

Re: Can you get a Grammar place from Herts if passed test?

Post by Jpk »

Cricket wrote:Whilst I know that many of those whose child did not reach the 121 will be unsympathetic to out of area kids, can someone please advise whether a child has any chance of obtaining a grammar place in Bucks.

If test is passed with 121plus, what is realistic chances of obtaining a Bucks grammar and does order come into it?

I know of a boy who was offered Dr Ch Grammar who lived in Herts on first round about 2/3 years ago- but do not understand how this happened when I read on forums that one has no chance of a place at DrC out of area?????

Thanks
you should be fine for a place at chesham grammar, depending where in hertfordshire you live. i think DCHS or DCGS will be a long shot based on recent years allocations for those out of county.

Dont forget, you can always appeal to an independent appeal panel to any school which you are rejected from. so if you put DCHS or DCGS on the common application form high up the list and you are rejected by them, you can appeal on the grounds of oversubscription. you could then make your case to an independent appeal panel. it would be a bit of a long shot but you never know.

Chesham grammar, which is an excellent school by the way with a very impressive headmaster and great children, certainly had spaces last year......I was really impressed with Chesham

If you google (other search engines are available....) bucks school allocations you will find the distances allocated over a number of years and there is a page on this site which also has it)

Regards
Sally-Anne

Re: Can you get a Grammar place from Herts if passed test?

Post by Sally-Anne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr Challoners changed their Admission Policy at quite short notice a couple of years ago, and that meant that a lot of people who might have moved into the area to attempt to gain places didn't get the chance to do so.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now