Points November birthday (for you Pensby as well)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HopefulDen

Points November birthday (for you Pensby as well)

Post by HopefulDen »

My son's teacher told them all in class today what they needed to get for a pass depending on birthdays
She told my son that with his Novmeber birthday he needed a pass at between 82.5 to 83%.
He's pulling 92-96% fairly effortlessly on my tests (Nfer and Bright Sparks) now so I am starting to feel happier-he says he's looking forward to it!-but he's that kind of child-very postive
They seem to be having a test daily now but some of it is SATS (science)
possible to give us a prediction at year 6 parents evening nect week
Den
Denise J
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hiya Denise

Thanks thats really helpful,My son is also getting 93-98% fairly easily so thats great news !!He is also quite confident about it ,though I don't think he's looking forward to it ,other than getting it all out of the way, he keeps counting down how many papers to go before it's over !

We have been getting some 11+ related homework the last few weeks which never happened before!Only 9 out of class of 29 sitting the exam though!

Good luck, :lol: Pensby
nina

scoring

Post by nina »

Please can someone help i am getting my self in a right state trying to work out this scoring system i still dont know what to think, My daughters teacher told us that they take the highest paper and double the score but people are telling me this is not true , please can someone tell me if my daughter did well on paractice she was 10y10m on day of test and her practice papers were averaging about 62 out of 80, would this be a pass???? please someone help thanks you :cry:

Post by Guest »

They add the two papers together to get a score out of 282 the pass mark is 236 which is about 62/80 is about 77% ,so she's not far off.I don't think she'd get many "birthday points" being nearly 11.

Hopefully others will add to what I've said

Pensby
nina

11 plus

Post by nina »

But some people are saying that she will need about 90% so 62 out of 80 wont be that will it:( she wants this so much and the teachers are telling her she will pass so well i am so angry, she has great stats scores 1 of them is a 5 the rest 4a so i know the head said she will appeal but i think my daughter is into a big heart ache poor thing
nina

11 plus

Post by nina »

I mean i a m from bucks so is this the same ??
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Hi Nina,

Bucks is the same in the format.. 80 questions, 50 mins and both papers VR. The marking is quite different though, in Bucks you have to get a score of 121 on 1 of your papers to pass and it won't matter about your other papers score, even if it’s very low.
Wirral however has to gain a combined score of 236 from both papers.

Whatever way you have to do it (Wirral or Bucks) there are always pros and cons. My child missed the Wirral pass last year by a couple of marks, but had she been in Bucks she would have passed. The same can be said for another parent from Bucks whose son just missed the Bucks mark, had he been marked on the Wirral he would have passed.

So yes the exams are exactly the same, but the marking is very different Nina.

Good luck..

AM