Advice needed please !! (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fizzylime

Advice needed please !! (Bucks)

Post by Fizzylime »

Hi,

Like others on here, my son also failed to reach that magic number on Friday.

He scored 119, and am wondering whether to go for the review or appeal. I have read and understood them both, however to go for the review, we do not have any extenuating circumstances to put forward, so am wondering if it would be better to wait for the appeal and not have to go into this ? Would this affect the admissions, as we are out of a catchment anyway, so would be last to be offered a place anyway ?? Also may not only have to appeal the score, but also a place at the boys school in bucks ?!?!

Would extenuating circumstances be completely necessary for the review if only a couple of marks were in question ?

As for academic evidence, this can be produced quite easily I think ? He had 5b+, 5b and 5c in his reports from this year, as well as nvr test scores which are both in excess of the 121. I am yet to speak to the head for her advice, but hopefully she will think this is worth pursuing, as I do not know what 'grading' he was given (was not even aware this was done unit I saw the other comments on here)

Can you advise when the appeals are heard, and when they have to be submitted by please ?
Etienne

Re: Advice needed please !!

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!
Fizzylime wrote:am wondering whether to go for the review or appeal.
Please see:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can you advise when the appeals are heard, and when they have to be submitted by please ?
You can appeal immediately after 3rd March, and will have at least 20 school days in which to submit your appeal.

Hope this helps.
Etienne
Fizzylime

Re: Advice needed please !! (Bucks)

Post by Fizzylime »

Thanks for the reply.

We have decided to go for the review, and I have my yellow form to complete. Just wondering if this form will be filled out in the same sort of way that the appeal would be, as in what to include/not include, do' and dont's etc.

There is lots of advice for the appeals, but can't really see anything in the way of the appeals and just want to make sure I make the most of the form.

We do not have any mitigating circumstances, so would really be using the academic side of things.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The approach is going to be basically the same.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... aneous#e32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c. For a specimen letter (for review or appeal) see letter of appeal for Mary.
Adapt the letter as necessary.
Etienne
Fizzylime

Post by Fizzylime »

Hi,

Just another quick question if you don't mind.

What information will I have to provide 'evidence' wise .

I am waiting for the HT to complete the summary, and she said I could send a copy of his last report as they would not do that, but I don't actually know what she will provide apart from that ?

Would I expect the school to enter all of this information on my behalf, as I do not really have anything other than reports and some NVR results?

Thanks,
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Our list of recommended evidence is here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- but the head will probably provide most of what is available apart from the last school report.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now