13 + at Reading boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum of 4

13 + at Reading boys

Post by mum of 4 »

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any information about the format of the Reading tests for year 9 entry?

As far as I can tell from the school website, there are three 1 hour tests Maths, English and Science. I was wondering how many questions they are expected to answer in that time and is it multiple choice? Although the web site says no further practise is needed I would like to just do some preparation with my son, but have no idea where to start.

Does anyone know if the Maths is cem based? I know there are 8 day boys places, but does anyone know how many sit the exam?

Any information would be very very gratefully received. Thank you so much in advance.
stevew61

Re: 13 + at Reading boys

Post by stevew61 »

Reading set their own exams so no cem style.

There a few threads buried on the forum, I will try to find them for you.

DS in Y13 had a friend who got in via 13plus via a local comp they used cgp KS3 books to fill in the gaps.

Numbers? Rumour about 40 but a mix of backgrounds.

The intake is 12 maybe more if others have left and some places may give priority to boarders.

Given the small cohort the school are probably happy to mark papers so not multiple choice?

Good luck. :)
mum of 4

Post by mum of 4 »

Thank you fingers crossed DS1 went to Reading but did the 11+ 9 years ago and there seemed to be a lot more information about that test.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Here is a link that contains further links to 13+.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... US#p346308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And from the school website.

http://www.reading-school.co.uk/26/information" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There will be three written tests each of approximately one hour duration.

The tests will cover:

• Mathematics

• English

• Science

Papers will be of an appropriate level of difficulty and will be related to National Curriculum levels of performance (levels 5-7).

The content of the tests in Science will cover Biology, Chemistry and Physics and the style of this paper will be such that we are attempting to test potential. No past papers are available and no further information with regard to these tests will be given.
mum of 4

Post by mum of 4 »

Thank you. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now