Help with CAF form.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Forrest Grump

Help with CAF form.

Post by Forrest Grump »

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice regarding the CAF form. Due to the changes this year we now know the results of the 11+ prior to submitting the form. Our DD got the required mark so has the options of Grammar Schools. Our catchment is Wycombe High School, our preferred is SWBGS (we are 100m out of catchment but based on previous years allocations hopefully we could make it.) My question is now that we know Grammar is a choice do we leave off any upper schools on the CAF form? Our application would be :

Preference: SWBGS (out of catchment)
2nd: Wycombe High School (in catchment)
3rd: Beaconsfield High School (out of catchment)

Do I just leave the other 3 spaces blank?

Thanks

FG
Sally-Anne

Re: Help with CAF form.

Post by Sally-Anne »

You should be fine with that order - you can check past allocation distances here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can safely leave Upper Schools off the list, and leave the other 3 places blank.
Forrest Grump

Post by Forrest Grump »

Thanks Sally-Anne. All done and submitted now.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Why, oh why, did I not think of the forum name Forrest Grump? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tkc3

Post by Tkc3 »

Don't you be eating all those chocolates Forest! :lol:

Slightly different slant with my question!

Our DS2 didn't reach the required score, but we plan to go through the process of appealing & from reading this site I am more inclined to wait for an appeal as opposed a review, however this might put us at risk of having to appeal for a place, as from my understanding the Royal Latin was oversubscribed last year!
(Our DS1 already attends, so we will have an increased chance of appeal, if it comes to that!).

My question is: do I still put the RLG school down as a 1st preference then the local comp as 2nd choice?

All information currently being collated, just waiting to hear back from BCC with forms for appeals!

Although appeals can be a daunting process, I am finding I am already learning more about my DS2 learning style, which will help us help him in whatever the outcome is!
Sanna

Post by Sanna »

Hi Tkc3, I asked my Bucks primary school head that question at a meeting and she said yes, if you are going through selection review/appealing do put down one/some Grammar schools on the form still but do make sure you have sensible Upper school choices on as well, preferably including your local one to be safe and have a place. You can only appeal in March for schools you have been officially rejected from anyway so you have to have them on the form.
Tkc3

Post by Tkc3 »

Sanna wrote:Hi Tkc3, I asked my Bucks primary school head that question at a meeting and she said yes, if you are going through selection review/appealing do put down one/some Grammar schools on the form still but do make sure you have sensible Upper school choices on as well, preferably including your local one to be safe and have a place. You can only appeal in March for schools you have been officially rejected from anyway so you have to have them on the form.

Thank you
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now