QEB or Parmiters ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HappyCow

QEB or Parmiters ?

Post by HappyCow »

I'm new to the forum - amazed by the wealth of knowledge. So hoping for some opinions on QEB or Parmiters?
My DS with his result can get a place at Parmiters or possibly on a waiting list for QEB with a score of 240.
Really unsure which school to go for - would be grateful for any input. Thank you.
3b1g

Re: QEB or Parmiters ?

Post by 3b1g »

What were your impressions when you visited them both?
Which is easier for him to get to?
They are both very good schools.
hjhj

Post by hjhj »

Excellent result with 240 you will not be on waiting list for QEB
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Congratulations to your DS, HC. It's a nice position to be in. I have sent you a pm.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

QEB
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You will get straight into QE with 240. Go on the tour, decide your critieria before you go. How sporty is your ds? How close are you to Parmiters? QE is like marmite, it is not for everyone. DG
tense

Post by tense »

silverysea wrote:QEB
Silverysea, as far as I'm aware you don't have DC at either, so perhaps some accompanying text might have helped Happy Cow??!!

Other posters suggestions that you consider your top criteria carefully are wise. I would add single s-ex / co-ed & another vote for ease of travel. It sounds like you will have a genuine choice, so many congratulations to your DS.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Don't have a DC at QE either, though one of relatives' dc is. As DAOgroupie said it is like marmite. Some like it to the extreme and for some, it is not really a joy to be there. I am, for one, quite wary of their A level subject offer policy. It can seriously effect child's confidence.
mum1969

Post by mum1969 »

Congratulations to you and your DS. Both excellent schools. Can't over emphasise the advantage of not having a long or difficult journey. DD has a 10 min journey to school while many of her friends travel an hour - makes a real difference at either end of the day. Also, are there siblings to consider?
Shar

Post by Shar »

Fantatsic score of 240 well done. Though I do think that it may be the opposite way around from what you are saying. Will probably be enough for QE but waiting list for Parmiters. Parmiters lowest scores have been 246 for the last 3 years within catchment and 268 outside of catchment.