where to get papers

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Al

where to get papers

Post by Al »

Hello,

I'm new to this.

I am thinking of preparing my daughter for the 11+ exam.

Please could someone tell me where I can get hold of past papers for her to practice on. It can be online or otherwise.

thank you in advance.

al.
pcn

11 plus

Post by pcn »

Get multi-selection packs from WHS, check which format your area uses either multi choice or standard papers, bond or nfe
essex mum

Post by essex mum »

I suggest you contact the schools themselves or the local education authority to find out the subjects that your child will be tested in.

Typically this will be either one or two of, if not all of the following: maths, English, verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning. Also try and find out the format of the examination at the same time – multiple choice or written/standard.

If you live in Essex then you can get up to three years of past eleven plus papers from CSSE, if you are applying for senior independent school common entrance exam you can get this directly from the school, otherwise you can only buy practice papers. Most grammar schools and many independent schools use standardised examinations set by Nfer-Nelson. You would advised to buy these papers – but use them sparingly as they only publish four per subject, so save these ones in the run up to the examinations since you want your child to be familiar with the layout, answer sheet and format of the paper since every practice set is different format.

In the interim there are many other papers you can buy. On this website I found the best seller list persubject at the foot of every section in the shop particularly useful guide as to what to buy, delivery was not bad either as most papers that I bought were delivered to me next day.

Good luck.
The Tutors

Comparing IPS to NFER

Post by The Tutors »

Our comparative analysis of IPS papers to NFER preparation papers suggests that types H, I, K, N, O, and S questions in the IPS booklets do not appear in NFER preparation packs.

We are currently reviewing AFN publications to see how they fit in with the NFER format.

Some Athey papers contain less than 50% NFER content e.g. Red 2.

Wirral Grammar schools set two verbal reasoning multiple choice papers for their entrance tests. Therefore parents do not need to purchase variety packs, non-verbal reasoning or Maths and English preparation papers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now