shared grammer school catchment area?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dadproud

shared grammer school catchment area?

Post by dadproud »

Dear Sally-Anne

When i started to fill the application to locate grammar schools around me, i found in the catchment area map the word shared or common catchment area...what is the meaning of shared or common grammar school catchment area?
much appreciate your help
kittymum

Re: shared grammer school catchment area?

Post by kittymum »

It may be that a school shares a catchment area with another - for instance my catchment grammars are SWBGS, WHS and JHGS and GMS for non grammar. If you're trying to work out your catchment school there's a postcode checker which lists them all.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I can't access the part of the BCC site that you are looking at, and I can't find a reference to those phrases otherwise.

The obvious answer is that many grammar schools' catchment areas overlap, e.g. AGS and Sir Henry Floyd. Quite simply, a single gender and mixed school which cover much of the same geographic area.

(Cross-post with kittymum)
dadproud

Post by dadproud »

dadproud wrote:Dear Sally-Anne

When i started to fill the application to locate grammar schools around me, i found in the catchment area map the word shared or common catchment area...what is the meaning of shared or common grammar school catchment area?
much appreciate your help
kittymum wrote:It may be that a school shares a catchment area with another - for instance my catchment grammars are SWBGS, WHS and JHGS and GMS for non grammar. If you're trying to work out your catchment school there's a postcode checker which lists them all.
Dear Sally- Anne and Kitty mum
thank you for coming forward to clarify.. the weblink is

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/1381703 ... _2014r.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

shared grammar area is yellow colored....? is it means ...for me i live close to aylesbury...but am i eligible for dr chanllors? i do understand the criteria of distance....matters lot? sorry if i am confusing...
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

If you live in Area 2 on that map, no, your catchment schools are AGS and Sir Henry Floyd. (They "share a catchment area".)

The likelihood of your son gaining a place at DCGS from there is very, very small indeed. You can put it on the CAF and hope, but the schools I've just mentioned are the ones that will deliver a place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now