Burnham Grammar Open Evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Burnham Grammar Open Evening

Post by Guest »

Hi, Ive just found this Forum and think its great. Just wondered if anyone out there went to the Burnham Grammar Evening on Monday and what did you think? There are quite a lot of negative things about Burnham on this Forum but i was shown around by 2 very polite Year 8 boys and found it no where near as bad as i expected after this forums comments. Anyone willing to share their thought?
Thanks

Val
Suesole

Post by Suesole »

Hi Val. We really liked BGS. The decor isn't great but the kids and the teachers were great. We liked the headmaster and the head of Yr 7. They seemed really focused on the kids. This is our first choice school... :D

we missed

Post by Guest »

hi everybody you know what.... we missed open evening for BGS. although its going to be 2nd choice but i really need to know about this school please give advice as we haven't even seen this school yet. maybe there would be some parents whose kids are already going to this school and they might like to share their experience with us. thanks,
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Ypu can ring up and ask to go round during the day - a much better guide to what ANY school is really like ...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

recent OfSTED report now on www.ofsted.gov.uk

click on inspection reports, secondary, south east, Buckinghamshire

Post by Guest »

Thank you Guest55 for that link - ive had a read through and it seems quite a positive Ofsted report. As ive no experience with reading these things anyone elses input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Val
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

May be you could read the reports of other Bucks grammars as a comparison..
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Only read those since 2005 as the earlier ones were in a different format.

HI

Post by Guest »

we are OOC for all bucks school and confused between the choices of Sir William Borlase and Burnhm grammar as both schools are about same distance from our house. one of these schools are going to be 2nd choice because we have another schools as first and third choices(definete). so i want comments from you guys about the chances of securing the place in 2nd choice school (in case he doesn't get place in first choice). i heard SWB is normally oversbuscribed and Burnham normally is undersubscribed (is it true..???). we are running out of time as due to family circumstances couldn't go to visit both school's open evening ect. and just going by reputation now and will decide after your opinions. thanks all help is much appreciated.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You can make appointments top go round - just ring up and explain- historically SWB is over-subscribed and you need to live near it to get in.