RESULTS DAY FRIDAY 18th OCT - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KenR

RESULTS DAY FRIDAY 18th OCT - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by KenR »

Hi All

The Birmingham Consortium results are only a few days away now. Please may I advise/remind you of a few points?

- The results timetable is published on the Birmingham LEA grammar schools website:
http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/grammar-schools
and King Edward VI Grammar Schools web site:
http://www.kingedwardthesixth.org/offers.htm

- Test scores should be received on Friday 18th by post
You will receive your child's test score by Friday 18th October 2013 by post. The letter will indicate the scores required for admission for each of the schools in the previous two years. Parents/carers can then decide whether or not to include any of the Grammar Schools in Birmingham on their home Local Authority (LA) preference form
- The letter will indicate the scores for the last successful candidates for the various consortium schools for the last 2 years. More detailed analysis of the scores for the last 6 years, including the average standardised score per paper or section are also in the sticky on this site: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =11&t=7148

- Please read the material carefully before asking questions

- In particular, please avoid asking questions where the child has scored highly and answer is clearly obvious (e.g. my child scored 299 is this enough to get into KECHB). Posts such as this are often seem as simply boasting and it can be upsetting to those who have not been successful.

- Please show sensitivity towards those who have not received the results they hoped for.

- Try to avoid avoid sending questions via PMs to the moderators unless absolutely essential; most questions can be directed to the B/Ham forum pages or the Appeals page. PM are only really for confidential questions.

- THINK VERY CAREFULLY ABOUT THE ORDER YOU PUT ON THE LEA SCHOOLS PREFERENCE FORM

- Most importantly don't put a local comprehensive as a higher preference if you really want your child to have a KE or Consortium Grammar education. There is no penalty for putting KE or LEA Grammars as your 1st or 2nd choice. Every year we have 1 or 2 parents whose child passes the Grammar exam but then isn't offered a place because they put another school as a higher preference.

Best of luck - we have all been there before and understand the anxiety
Tara4

Re: RESULTS DAY FRIDAY 18th OCT - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by Tara4 »

Hi I rang the Five Ways school today and they said we will receive letters on Thursday.
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Hi all:

Colleague at work just told me about results/ offers page on King Edward consortium which has useful information (especially for us newbies): http://www.kingedwardthesixth.org/offers.htm

Their advice is: If you have not received your child's letter informing you of their test score by Tuesday 22 October 2013, please email to request a further copy. (If you go onto link above the 'email' is highlighted and if you click it - it will create an email for you to the appropriate email address).

Probably would help things move swiftly if you provide your child's student number (from the KE Consortium 11+ exam registration form)

I sincerely hope that it doesn't come to this for any of you (or me for that matter) - but thought this info might be helpful if you find you are the one who doesn't get the exam results for whatever reason...
um

Post by um »

As if we would sit and wait until Tuesday :lol: ...