Is it worth appealing for one mark (Kent)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Npowell999

Is it worth appealing for one mark (Kent)

Post by Npowell999 »

Hi my daughter got an overall score of 368, she got 121 for verbal and 130 for non verbal but got 117 for maths so only out by one mark is it worth appealing?
Npowell999

Can I appeal over 1 mark

Post by Npowell999 »

Hi my daughter got an overall score of 368

However she got 121 in verbal 130 in non verbal and 117 in maths?

Can I appeal and is it worth it? Dd's school were of no help
DC17C

Re: Can I appeal over 1 mark

Post by DC17C »

Horrible to be so close :? You need to find out if any appeals have been successful in previous years for the school in which you are interested. How likely is it that there will be children who have passed and will not get a place?You also need to assess what alternative academic evidence you have and any reasons why your DC has not achieved the pass score and why the particular school is appropriate for your DC. Look through the feedback sticky to see if any feedback from the school and the appeals pages to gauge what evidence you you would need.
Npowell999

Post by Npowell999 »

Hi she is at St. John's primary school in Tunbridge wells. She has had a few personal issues how do I appeal now and what do I do?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Have you read : http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lots of useful info
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

You won't be able to do anything until after school allocation day on 3rd March 2014-In the meantime you need to apply on the CAF to schools your DD is eligible for so you at least have a school place somewhere. You cannot appeal until after allocation day.

Have a look at the appeal section on this website for information on the academic evidence you need to have and perhaps there is still time for your dd to show some improvement in her her maths.
Npowell999

Post by Npowell999 »

Her maths has always been one of her strong points, is it worth mentioning that her dad came back into her life at the start of this term she has not seen him since she was 3?

Her school report for the end for year 5 shows she was above in maths.

Do I not out down a grammar school on the car form? If I don't chose a grammar school will I get a place there?

How do I indicate I want to appeal.
hopeful x

Re: Is it worth appealing for one mark

Post by hopeful x »

Yes definitely. A friend of mine appealed last year; her son had 7 marks under for maths. He is now at GS.
djy76

Post by djy76 »

Put the schools you want down on the CAF - including grammar as first preference if it is. If/when you don't get allocated the school in March - then you need to appeal. There is lots of information to read on this forum which should help you formulate your appeal.

Good luck
Npowell999

Re: Is it worth appealing for one mark

Post by Npowell999 »

Yes definitely. A friend of mine appealed last year; her son had 7 marks under for maths. He is now at GS.
Hi do you have any tips from her!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now