This years AGGS/AGSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mr147

This years AGGS/AGSB

Post by Mr147 »

Seem to have been very tough - MY DS primary School looks as though it has struggled this year, last year they had 20+ girls get into AGGS, looks less then 1/4 of that this time around, and same for the boys!

Is this a ploy to get the very best pupils from out of catchment, or just simply tougher papers this year?

Does the School Head select the paper from a choice, or is it chosen by the LEA?

Just reading the AGSB post on here, I think 3 people from this forum have said that their DS has passed - Could this possibly mean that more children will have a better chance on appeal?

Not trying to raise faint hopes but a few worthwhile points to discuss I think!
NS1

Re: This years AGGS/AGSB

Post by NS1 »

In my son's primary school, a significant number have passed the AGSB exam, more than last year, and are in catchment. Interesting to know what has happened in other local schools.
gracec

Re: This years AGGS/AGSB

Post by gracec »

My daughter's primary school has 2 year 6 classes, altogether 8 girls passed AGGS. Not a great number considering it's so close to AGGS.
In a way, I feel that AGGS deliberately make exam hard in order to skim off the top girls, they are never going to be short of applicants.