Question regarding completing CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
talea51

Question regarding completing CAF

Post by talea51 »

When you fill in the CAF, it asks for your reasons for applying to that school. Do we have to put our scores into the reasons box?

Will the school have the scores of all the children who apply to them or will we need to send them our scores?
Halo

Re: Question regarding completing CAF

Post by Halo »

I know the Southend girls grammar schools ask for extra information...
they don't need to know the scores from the CAF, they don't need a reason
They ask if there's a sibling too, but I'm not sure that has any bearing at all on allocation day
The 11+ standardised score results will be firmly embedded in the Essex CC/Southend system and that's all that's needed on their part
KB

Post by KB »

Pretty sure its just if there are special circumstances (eg a disability that the school caters for or that makes travelling elsewhere difficult) or qualifying factors such as faith schools.
Some schools used to (don't have current info) have a sibling priority policy but for selective schools the only time that might come in to play is if the scores are exactly the same for the last available place.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Thank you! That's what I thought but wanted to be sure! :D
BadDad

Post by BadDad »

Received our CAF submission confirmation email and it says we should send them additional evidence, e.g. medical/baptism certificates or supplimentary forms that are applicable for the school(s) we applied for

Does it mean we have to do it before 31 Oct? Do we need to send proof of address? CCHS supplimentary form?
ahap

Post by ahap »

You have to do it before 31st. When you fill in the CAF online it will ask for any documents. Mostly it will ask for a Reference number of a Utility bill for schools with catchment.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
BadDad

Post by BadDad »

I was not asked for any references of utility bills

Just spoke to the Essex Admissions Helpline and they confirmed that if the child is already in one of the Essex primary schools the proof of address is not required and in any case can be supplied later. The main thing is to submit the CAF application not later than 31/10

Also CCHS SIF has to be submitted to CCHS directly
ahap

Post by ahap »

Last year we had to submit the reference online on the CAF to the LA for ChCHS before the 31st as it was the deadline for application, there was a slot where we had to type in the ref; even if the child was going to an Essex primary school. They've changed how they do it I suppose.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
bravado

Post by bravado »

I think from last year, we filled in the fact that DD2 had taken the CSSE test and entered her score as the reason for choosing ColCHS
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Haven't we already submitted the SIF to CCHS? I thought that was done before 31 August? I certainly sent them mine along with copies of utility bills.