Last years CCHS rankings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jojo2305

Last years CCHS rankings

Post by jojo2305 »

Sorry so many topics on here, not quite sure where to start looking!

It says on our letter that last year a girl in catchment, ranked 135th on the order of merit list was offered a place. Does anyone know what she was ranked before caf forms were submitted?
dez

Re: Last years CCHS rankings

Post by dez »

jojo2305 wrote:Sorry so many topics on here, not quite sure where to start looking!

It says on our letter that last year a girl in catchment, ranked 135th on the order of merit list was offered a place. Does anyone know what she was ranked before caf forms were submitted?
No ranking was given last year! Only the school knows, hence they mentioned it on the CEM letter.
jojo2305

Post by jojo2305 »

dez wrote:
jojo2305 wrote:Sorry so many topics on here, not quite sure where to start looking!

No ranking was given last year! Only the school knows, hence they mentioned it on the CEM letter.
That is a shame, thanks for your help.
aang

Post by aang »

Based on my statistical model (http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; page 3), a CEM Score of 110.64 would translate into an overall rank of around 159 out of 848 give or take a few. There will be many scores who are out of catchment vying for the 24 on offer, some who will have treated CCHS as mock practice and others who will choose other schools closer to London including Redbridge and those prefer CoCHS/WHSG/SHSG.

Since you are in catchment, I would be extremely surprised if you did not get an offer come March 2014.
jojo2305

Post by jojo2305 »

aang wrote:Based on my statistical model (http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; page 3), a CEM Score of 110.64 would translate into an overall rank of around 159 out of 848 give or take a few. There will be many scores who are out of catchment vying for the 24 on offer, some who will have treated CCHS as mock practice and others who will choose other schools closer to London including Redbridge and those prefer CoCHS/WHSG/SHSG.

Since you are in catchment, I would be extremely surprised if you did not get an offer come March 2014.
Thank you Aang, so excited, even more excited than my dd!!!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Would that be likely for 110.02 as well Aang, I daren't even hope I am starting to realise the reality if dd gets in, so excited.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
butterfly36

Post by butterfly36 »

Araucana Girl - am willing it to be a 'yes' for your DD; many others on this forum (that you have provided support to) no doubt feel the same :-)
aang

Post by aang »

110.02 in catchment gives a ranking of 171 give or take a few, so still very strong odds of an offer :-)
lspr

Post by lspr »

Any hope for a 112.1 ooc to get thru to CCHS? Just did Aangs statistical calculation and got a rank of 135 :( Does not look good enough for OOC.
aang

Post by aang »

112.1 does indeed give a rank around 135. Even if I use the less robust and more optimistic statistical model with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 10.69 (this model matches the 300 students above 104 while keeping the mean at 100), that results in a rank of 109.

OOC places are much harder to predict as there is only 24 places available. It really depends who takes up which offer. Going by last year, rank 65 in OOC still got an offer so there is still hope...

I'd put CCHS down as one of the top choices and keep everything crossed. Good luck !