Abbey exam details?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
millicent

Abbey exam details?

Post by millicent »

Hi, does anyone know anything about the Abbey Girls' School entrance exam? We know there are 3 papers: English, maths and reasoning but have no idea in what format. I guess the English is the hardest to guess- could be lots of small questions, one large comprehension, a piece of creative writing...

I'd be grateful for any information as we don't know anyone at the school to ask. I was going to buy a couple of English and maths books for my DD to practise, so any advice gratefully received! (We're not so concerned about the reasoning as having sat Kendrick we feel more knowledeable in that area!)
sonasona

Re: Abbey exam details?

Post by sonasona »

If your Dd has prepared for Kendrick, no need to do anything different for Abbey. If you do want to brush up on anything then the Bond English books are good, but really Dd will be fine :)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

agree with Sona. The bit not covered by Kendrick prep would be creative writing and they do have to do this in the exam. The junior school spent quite a bit of time prepping for this in the run up to the exam so this would be something to practice - 30 min piece I think.
millicent

Post by millicent »

Thank you both for your help.

(Sorry for the late reply- I have been avoiding the website the last few days as trying to forget about the grammar results today!)
amnash

Post by amnash »

I am keen to find out any information about the Abbey exam, what to expect, and what materials are best to practice with, please provide me with what you know,,,,
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

To get an idea re the maths and english you could just have a look at some of the private school websites and download their sample papers. Try the Bluecoat ones as a starter.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now