submitting preferences on LEA form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rupy

submitting preferences on LEA form

Post by Rupy »

Hello,

My dd received 2 letters few weeks ago, one from QMHS and the other from WGHS saying they ' strongly recommend' to put them high on the preference list. Well, my dd (and us) ideally wants to go to WGHS and taking other factors into consideration, i.e distance (we live in wolves), WGHS is more appealing. although Walsall is commutable as well.

So if we rank WGHS first and QMHS second, Would this be the right order to put them? I know this is the right way but I am just making sure :)

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Rupy
hermanmunster

Re: submitting preferences on LEA form

Post by hermanmunster »

yes - out the school you want first on the list, if you do it the other way round and you qualify for QMHS that is what you will be given
slim

Post by slim »

I may be asking the obvious question about the preference list but here it is:

- My DS is just one mark over last years lowest accepted mark (227) for Five ways
- DS is comfortably several marks over last years lowest mark for Aston

If we decide to put Five ways 1st and Aston 2nd on the pref. form, does this means that if he is still short for the Five ways for this year, he will automatically be considered and likely to get his 2nd choice, or is that it- he will have missed his chance for a place at Aston?

Thanks
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

If he has missed score for FW he will automatically get a place for Aston if he met the required score. The second choice will become the first, you will not be missing out by putting FW first. The schools are unaware of the preference order you have put down.

From http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 8&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Question: I am trying to determine the preference order for the LA form.

My son will take the 11+ in a few weeks and he likes Camp Hill and Five Ways. Looking at the scores, Camp Hill is the hardest. However, if we put Camp Hill 1st, 5-ways 2nd and he doesn't get the Camp Hill score, but meets 5-ways, will he be offered 5-ways?
What I am trying to confirm is whether we would be penalised if we put 5 ways second? (rits)

No, you won't and the school will never know you didn't put them first.

If he was on a last score tie with someone, then distance from school would then be the factor.