Numbers of girls who sat tests 2013 for KE Bhm & QM Walsall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Red39

Numbers of girls who sat tests 2013 for KE Bhm & QM Walsall

Post by Red39 »

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum, so pls forgive me if my question has already been answered. In my defence I have read hundreds of posts without success yet.

DD is one mark short of last year's entrance scores to both Sutton Girls and Queen Mary's Walsall!

Is there any published information about how many girls sat the SGGS and QMHS exams this year and in previous years?

Thanks
goodmanj

Re: Numbers of girls who sat tests 2013 for KE Bhm & QM Wals

Post by goodmanj »

I haven't found anything relating to this topic either, but I am very keen to know. I think it goes without saying that the QM exam had many more girls sit the exam than last year, as it was early people from all over - not just Brum used it as a mock, I read that people as far away as Kent attended. I'm not so sure about Birmingham though? I have heard rumour that it was used as a mock by Warwick candidates, but no idea! Perhaps we should start a new thread, simply asking people to reply yes if they did the test & want a place or no if they sat the test but do not wish to take a place! How much easier would that make our choice!
We are in a very similar position to you with our DD. She equaled the Sutton score at 215 & missed Handsworth by 1 point. No idea at all if that will make it impossible to get a place?
Probably like yourself, we had really hoped yesterdays letter would provide a cut throat absolute yes or no, but we are now in limbo!
Whatever the case, very best of luck to you and your DD x
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

goodmanj wrote:I haven't found anything relating to this topic either, but I am very keen to know. I think it goes without saying that the QM exam had many more girls sit the exam than last year, as it was early people from all over - not just Brum used it as a mock, I read that people as far away as Kent attended. I'm not so sure about Birmingham though? I have heard rumour that it was used as a mock by Warwick candidates, but no idea! Perhaps we should start a new thread, simply asking people to reply yes if they did the test & want a place or no if they sat the test but do not wish to take a place! How much easier would that make our choice!
We are in a very similar position to you with our DD. She equaled the Sutton score at 215 & missed Handsworth by 1 point. No idea at all if that will make it impossible to get a place?
Probably like yourself, we had really hoped yesterdays letter would provide a cut throat absolute yes or no, but we are now in limbo!
Whatever the case, very best of luck to you and your DD x
Ive got a sneaky feeling that the cut-offs will come down a few points as some of the KE schools will be expanding (including KEVIHS as per HT's recent open evening speech). So keep your chin up goodmanj :)
KenR

Post by KenR »

probably a reasonable chance for KE Handsworth or Sutton buy maybe it may be via the waiting list - some parents on the waiting list aren't prepared to hold on. Fingers crossed for you
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

KenR wrote:probably a reasonable chance for KE Handsworth or Sutton buy maybe it may be via the waiting list - some parents on the waiting list aren't prepared to hold on. Fingers crossed for you
Thanks KenR for your input still - you've done a grand job for a number of years :)
Don't forget to collate the contents info in your sticky as usual for us desperados for next year :wink: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now