OOC - what chance do we have???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sylvika

OOC - what chance do we have???

Post by Sylvika »

My dd scored 399 . Do we stand chance of any grammar school in Kent? :?: Our choice in order would be Dartford, Wilmington,gravesend and than Chatham.we r in barnehurst bexley borough.
Sylvika

Re: OOC - what chance do we have???

Post by Sylvika »

Anyone? I've been reading this forum is very helpful. There must be someone with some info.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Welcome Sylvika!

Have you googled or searched this website for previous years cut off scores for these schools?

Have you looked at each schools' website to see what the actual admission policies are? Some go on score for outer areas, not inner areas, some are distance only with a 'pass', check carefully.

Just by a quick look online, Wilmington Grammar open evening is Tuesday 22nd October, Gravesend Grammar is Wednesday 23rd and Dartford Grammar is Thursday 24th.........check their websites for times.

Visit these schools and you can ask whether your son's score could be high enough....bear in mind the cut off scores change every year....no-one knows until National Allocation Day next March.

Happy researching!
Sylvika

Post by Sylvika »

Thank u inky pinky,
I ve been searching and searching. But only info regarding cut off score I found is for DGSG. Nothing for Wilmington. I m sure being ooc no chance at our first choice hence hoping for wgsg. Didn't make it for bexley so this is our only hope.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Many apologies, I read your child's details wrong.......for some reason I read that you had a DS, not a DD, so please ignore all that Open Day information....they're for the Boys' Grammars!

However, Wilmington Grammar School for Girls has an Open Evening on Wednesday 23rd October 6.30-9pm, where you can just turn up.....so you can go along and ask about the cut-off scores and whether your daughter has a chance of getting in, given previous years' allocations.

On the 24th the school is showing parents and girls around...but you have to make an appointment...worth asking if they have spaces left?

Dartford Grammar School for Girls has their Open Evening on Tuesday 22nd October 6-8.30pm.......with the Open Day on Wednesday 23rd 11.30-1pm.......for both events it looks like you can just turn up.

It would be a couple of busy days for you and your daughter......but if you can go along and confirm the admission criteria and ask about cut-off scores, you will be more informed to make your preferences of schools

Oh, yes, there's also a website that has very useful information for Kent Grammar individual school details, giving cut-off scores and admission information.....but it breaches forum rules to name it. It's run by a poster on here called 'peter'. Use any search engine and type in 'kent' and 'advice'.....and it should be near the top (thank you 'peter'....it's an amazing and useful website!)
oob mum

Post by oob mum »

Gravesend Girls Grammar School (now called Mayfield Grammar school) offered admission to 110 girls on March 1st this year out of 140 according to the Kent admission booklet. Chatham and Clarendon Grammar
School also offered 148 spaces out of 180.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

I think the OP means Chatham Grammar School for Girls, not Chatham and Clarendon as it would be too far?

I'm sure you would get in to Chatham girls, but it is not very close to the train station (steep or longish walk depending on station) so you are probably talking about train and bus so quite a long journey.
Sylvika

Post by Sylvika »

Thank u to u all. I ll be attending all open evenings or days this week so hopefully as said I ll get all my answers. Wouldn't wanna loose chance of gaining place after all hard work we did. I m sure there is many more parents in same situation. So fingers crossed for the best.