Sitting the test for Sutton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hedwig

Sitting the test for Sutton

Post by Hedwig »

I hadn't really considered Sutton until now, but having checked train times it is easy for my DS to reach and he likes the look of it.

Am I correct in thinking that we must put it on the CAF and they will then contact applicants who have listed it and call them in for second round testing. DS did pass the initial round for Wilsons and Wallington and has just found out he passed for Wilsons.

*sigh* the process becomes ever more confusing and complicated.
agathachristie

Re: Sitting the test for Sutton

Post by agathachristie »

Hi hewig by Sutton I take it you are referring to Sutton Grammar. If your DS passed the selective eligibility test then he can sit Sutton test. All you have to do is put the school on your CAf form. I take it that is not your first choice school?
Hedwig

Post by Hedwig »

Hi agathachristie - thanks for the information. Until now I didn't fully appreciate how easy the journey would be from where we live.

It isn't his first choice but without any indication of ranking from the other schools, and because he has passed the first hurdle, then I feel I should enter him as he is certainly in with a chance. All of the indications are that it is a warm, caring school with a lovely atmosphere.

I do wish the schools would give some degree of clear cut indication. It would avoid all of this duplication of effort.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Yes it is a lovely school and very popular with DS local to the school and also in neighbouring. I share your frustration as it would be sensible in my opinion if these schools either ranked or gave you some indication as other areas like Kent and Herts schools do. Until such time I guess it's a lottery
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now