primary schools in sutton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shazbot

primary schools in sutton

Post by shazbot »

we're looking to move to sutton because of the grammar schools and are wondering which primary schools are the best for my son, hoping a good primary education will help get him into somewhere like wilsons, cheers x

Post by Guest »

What part of Sutton are you thinking of movinfg to? We are lucky that most of the schools are quite high performing but some are more geared to grammar school entrance. As the comps are good too a lot of people in the borough don't botherwith the grammar places, a high proprtion of the grammar places go to children out of the borough.
shazbot

Post by shazbot »

thanks for answering, we're moving to either belmont, south cheam, ewell or carshalton beeches...

which primary schools are geared towards entry of the grammar schools? we've had a look around avenue and cuddington croft and thought they were pretty good

don't know much about the comps, so easily distracted by the grammar schools, I've heard that st phils and and john fisher are good but I think you have to be catholic... could you recommend any others? it would be soooo much easier just to find a good comp, I've had a look round this site and it scares me!

Post by Guest »

The schools you mention are good and St Dunstans as well for the areas you mention. High Schools don't even think about St phils or John Fisher unless you are really in with the Catholic Church you just won't get in. Cheam high is very good excellent facilities and Outstanding Ofstead too. Overton meant to be good I don't know personally, if you're going for east ewell then Glyn and Rosebery are excellent.

Post by Guest »

Barrow hedges primary aswell in carshalton Beeches. Sorry forgot that one.

Post by Guest »

Hi,

Just wanted to say my son looked at going to Sutton Grammar, and we did not go down the tutored route. Instead I did some work with him at home using the Bond books and tests. He sat the SGS mock at begining of October and did very well.

Since looking at Cheam High though, he has decided he would rather go there. I was very impressed by the school, and the fact that they have a 'Gifted and Talented' programme. After talking to other parents of SGS pupils I sensed some thought the pressure placed on them was too great and that the homework came in abundance.

I was disappointed at first by his choice and felt he could do better educationally at SGS, but now I believe he has made the right choice.

Good luck with whatever you decide!