C e m books by c g p

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

C e m books by c g p

Post by mystery »

What do people think of the c e m books by c g p ?

And how do you think they can put c e m in the title of these series when c e m's advantage to admission authorities is that they do not sell any material to the public? You would think that they would not want c e m name on commercial materials.

Have any other publishers done this?
vanityfair

Re: C e m books by c g p

Post by vanityfair »

There are indeed no past CEM past papers to go on as CEM are relatively new and have benefited from a wave of institutions eager to change their exams to supposedly make them tutor proof. There is no such thing as tutor proof as after all there is nothing new under sun! For this exam as all others, your child need s to be thoroughly prepared for KS2/3 level work. CGP and the owners of this site have recently put out practice material that supposedly mirrors CEM past papers. These papers are based on the recollection of past students whom have sat the CEM exams. I am more inclined to CGP as they have been in the game of education for years and I have had recent very negative experience of really poor customer service from the the owners of this site - extremely late delivery of papers, no proactive notification of the delay and to cap it all, the Peer-compare on-line access code does not work as they did not prepare it to do so.
Certainly this summer in London least ways, there have been an abundance of 11 plus organisations offering CEM mock exams. I'm sure it's been a windfall for them as parents panic and hand their money over.
Last edited by vanityfair on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Dear vanityfair
I have had recent very negative experience of really poor customer service from the the owners of this site - extremely late delivery of papers, no proactive notification of the delay and to cap it all, the Peer-compare on-line access code does not work as they did not prepare it to do so.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the website and our office. I work as a volunteer and also remotely from the office, so I am not present and able to deal with the issue myself.

Complaints about customer service from this site are genuinely quite rare. I will draw your comments to the attention of the site owner and request that you are contacted to discuss the issues you have experienced.

If you have any continuing issues, or wish to provide me with further information, please send me a PM (Private Message).

Sally-Anne
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Right until last week everything I ever ordered from the shop for a number of years arrived next day so I was very happy with the service and recommended it. However I also experienced extremely late delivery,an order placed Friday am most of which did not arrive until Wednesday (There was the bank holiday in between) What did arrive Saturday was the three CEM books that were split away from my complete order and sent separately. In fact they were not the books I was really in need of and could have easily have waited until Wednesday. Had I been contacted I would have been able to request the books I really needed Saturday had I known there had to be a delay of some of my books. I can appreciate why they sent the CEM books first as they had been out of stock a while and they might have assumed I had been waiting for them. But this was not the case. I am really easy to contact and it would really have helped if they had done so. Hopefully this was a one off caused by the massive anxiety surrounding CEM at the moment. I look forward to settling down to normal 11 plus stress without the CEM panic. DG
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

DG, I have sent you a PM.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Post by forumadmin »

Re: 11+ Peer Compare

The Peer Compare service has now been enabled for 11 + Essentials titles of Cloze Tests 1, Cloze Tests 2 and Numerical Reasoning Books.

These titles were released ahead of the planned launch date of the Peer Compare service so that the practice material was available before this year's exams. The Peer Compare site has now also been upgraded.

Those customers who registered their 16 digit code on the site since receiving their books will need to re-activate the code; to do so please email to peercompare@elevenplusexams.co.uk giving us your code so that we can reset it and allow a further activation.

Those who are yet to register will not be affected and there is no need to email us.

Thank you.
vanityfair

Post by vanityfair »

Sally-Anne wrote:Dear vanityfair
I have had recent very negative experience of really poor customer service from the the owners of this site - extremely late delivery of papers, no proactive notification of the delay and to cap it all, the Peer-compare on-line access code does not work as they did not prepare it to do so.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the website and our office. I work as a volunteer and also remotely from the office, so I am not present and able to deal with the issue myself.

Complaints about customer service from this site are genuinely quite rare. I will draw your comments to the attention of the site owner and request that you are contacted to discuss the issues you have experienced.

If you have any continuing issues, or wish to provide me with further information, please send me a PM (Private Message).

Sally-Anne
Just remembered I did respond to a pm at length but got no response back!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

vanityfair wrote:Just remembered I did respond to a pm at length but got no response back!
I did not PM you, so you could not have responded to a message from me.

If you wrote a PM to me, it did not get sent. All my incoming PMs since March of this year are stored in my Inbox, and I have not received one from you.

If you are thinking of an email instead, that will have been sent to our office. If you did email the office, please copy the content to me via a forum Private Message.

Thank you.