Tiffin Boys Result-2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sharpboy

Tiffin Boys Result-2013

Post by Sharpboy »

Hi Guys ,

Just checking , when TB-2013 results will be coming out ? holding nerve this time :? .
This year 2013 exam is having 2000+ children , so will be quite high cutoff list, ( may be 234 out of 240 ).
My DS told me that he did exam with 5 guesses in NVR & 4 guesses in VR , feeling bit nervous about him :( .
Any idea of cutoff list ?

Thanks
ClappedOutMum

Re: Tiffin Boys Result-2013

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Sharpboy wrote:Hi Guys ,

Just checking , when TB-2013 results will be coming out ? holding nerve this time :? .
This year 2013 exam is having 2000+ children , so will be quite high cutoff list, ( may be 234 out of 240 ).
My DS told me that he did exam with 5 guesses in NVR & 4 guesses in VR , feeling bit nervous about him :( .
Any idea of cutoff list ?

Thanks
Sounds like your DS is done fine, to be honest, assuming he got those he didn't guess correct! 234 would be out of 280 (in any case) and is a standardised score. Lets see when results come out week of 21 October.
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Does anyone know (from past years' experience) what the week of 21st October actually means. Might it be as early as the Monday or as late as the Friday (or somewhere in between) for getting the results?

Do we need to wait for the postman, or will it come by email?

Thanks.

Not long now......
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Last year, it was by post - 2nd class, if I remember correctly. Many in Kingston area had received a day or two later than others. :oops:

From memory, I think that it was posted on a Wednesday and parents started receiving from Thursday onwards. We received it on Saturday. I remember sending DC away to play with friends, while waiting for our dear postman, who some how manage to come as late as possible, when there is something important is coming in post. I had then written to Tiffin to do it by e-mail, instead of 2nd class post, as that would save more money.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

From FAQs

When will I get the results?
These will be emailed during the week commencing 21 October along with some information to help you decide whether you should include us Tiffin School on your common application form. This information will also be on our website.
haravalli

Post by haravalli »

Results came out this morning via email. Please post the scores if possible. Thanks.
rakomaster

Post by rakomaster »

Many thanks haravalli for reminding to check the mailbox.

Yes, the results have indeed come in. My son scored 237, so based on the past records, he has a good chance of getting in.

Soooo relieved now. He's worked really hard to achieve this.
DON

Post by DON »

No more sleepless nights!!! got Tiffin results this morning for my son, he scored 239. Is this high enough to get a place at Tiffin Boys?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

This is an old thread.
Please post in the other thread started by Rsk, so that all info is at one place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now