Catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

phillipthomas10

Catchment

Post by phillipthomas10 »

HiThere-

My son passed the Bucks exam.We live in Bracknell.We were looking at RGS.Is it too late to move i.e.rent close to school

Thx
DadFromEngland

Re: Catchement

Post by DadFromEngland »

As far as I know you need to move before Nov 15th to be considered. There are other schools in Buckinghamshire which consider children from out of catchment (only if there no Bucks children).
phillipthomas10

Post by phillipthomas10 »

Thx -If we manage to move by 15th--do u know if the first criteria for RGS is distance or is it marks?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If your child has scored 121 or over it is on distance - marks above 121 are irrelevant.
scary mum
kmvijay

Post by kmvijay »

My Dd has got a score over 121 if we live outer catchment like in OX49 5 which is 14 miles from Wycombe High School.
Will she able to get the place after Bucks child got placement?

Is there any web page showing how many outer catchment children has got placed to Wycombe High school?
Audreylawyer

Post by Audreylawyer »

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... mZXQzK9KSP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you go to the above site, it will show you the allocation profiles for all Bucks schools, including the furthest distance from the school that places were offered.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

kmvijay wrote:My Dd has got a score over 121 if we live outer catchment like in OX49 5 which is 14 miles from Wycombe High School.
Will she able to get the place after Bucks child got placement?

Is there any web page showing how many outer catchment children has got placed to Wycombe High school?
there is info about allocations here : http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kmvijay

Post by kmvijay »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ofiles#fn3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In 2013 Chesham GS, Sir Henry Floyd GS and Beaconsfield HS (Girls)
The above three schools have placed all (ALL) the students whoever applied to this school.

My Dd scored *** in Entry Test. so is it possible to get anyone of the above three school if we apply 40 miles away from catchment?

Is it possible to know how far (Outer catchment) the above three school selected?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You can apply for any GS and you are likely to get a place at Chesham GS or The Floyd.

Do consider how your child will get there and I'd suggest a tour to ensure you like one of them!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If they were all offered it means however far away people lived they got places. There is no guarantee of that every year though. Please tell me your child is not going to travel 40+ miles in each direction. Whereabouts do you live now? Has your child sat multiple exams?
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now