Class selection is this true?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mr147

Class selection is this true?

Post by Mr147 »

A friend of mine is insistent that before you start at AGSB that you they write to you and ask you to name 6 friends who you would like to be in the same class as, as well as anyone who you wouldn't really like to be with?

My friend says that her son did this and ended up with 4 of his friends in the same class?

Can anyone confirm this?

If so, I think it is a brilliant idea - I wish they had done this @ AGGS when my DD started, as she had really hard times settling in (she is now in Y8 and things seem to have really settled down, with a close group of friends now established).
NS1

Re: Class selection is this true?

Post by NS1 »

Yes, my DS has just started year 7 and he could give up to 3 names of friends he would like to be with and also the option of anyone he didn't want to be with. He ended up with 2 out of the 3 being in his class. I guess it also depends on the names the friends have identified on their list. Not guaranteed, but they try their best.
Mr147

Post by Mr147 »

NS1 wrote:Yes, my DS has just started year 7 and he could give up to 3 names of friends he would like to be with and also the option of anyone he didn't want to be with. He ended up with 2 out of the 3 being in his class. I guess it also depends on the names the friends have identified on their list. Not guaranteed, but they try their best.
Really pleased to hear this - Thanks for the reply!
mummmy

Post by mummmy »

I wonder what happens to the boys who join from different region ( due to parents'work)! They wont know anyone locally and friend selection wont apply to them. Do these boys are made welcome in the class? Any one had such experience?
traffmum

Post by traffmum »

Our eldest son joined AGSB from out of region. He didn't know anyone in his form, but was made to feel welcome. He's now Year 11 and wanting to stay on into sixth form. Please don't worry they do settle well and school were supportive.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I have posted about this before. My son was an only from his school, we met two others who lived nearby (out of area) at the open night. He stuck with them For the first couple of days but made other friends straightaway. Believe me there will be lots of boys in the same position- I promise you he will be absolutely fine! :D
sillyjolly

Post by sillyjolly »

My son is at MGS and they discourage this. They want the children to make new friends and mix with different boys and
it worked a treat for my son. Encourage your children to be brave and make different friends.