Judd by train

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ladymuck

Judd by train

Post by Ladymuck »

Am now looking at timetables carefully. I have a ds who hates being late. What is the latest safe arrival time into Tonbridge station to make registration in an unrushed fashion?! I appreciate that occasional train delays will cause issues!
Twinkle

Re: Judd by train

Post by Twinkle »

8.15 would be comfortable
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

That would be very comfortable.
We live about the same distance from Judd & my son leaves home at 8.30. He tried getting there earlier but they just have to wait around outside, so he prefers the later time now. Of course you can time walking better than train timetables these days!
westkent

Post by westkent »

They have to stand around outside?! Really?

That could be a bit of a deal breaker for us as my husband would plan to drop DS very early (as he presently does with DD at TGS) on way to work. She uses this time to go to library and get homework done (or chat about Hollyoaks!) Not going to work if he's stuck outside, esp in January!

What is the system with other schools? I just assumed they went in as early as they liked.

The same would sometimes be true at the other end of the day when they can get a lift home but not til 4.45. Again daughter stays and gets stuff done. This means she has very little homework to do at home. Was planning that DS might try to do the same.
West Kent Mum

Post by West Kent Mum »

DS says he has friends who come to school early and have breakfast in canteen, so I am guessing school opens at 8 o'clock, but best is to call school and ask them. Don't know the open time for library or when school closes, but since after-school clubs go on until 5 pm you would expect school to be open until then or maybe even later.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I've been reading so many school websites that I struggle to remember which ones allow you in for breakfast etc! Loved Judd. But currently our best direct train gets in at 8:29...
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Yes I think you need to phone the school.
My son has confirmed they are not allowed inside the buildings before 8.40 unless raining or snowing when they can go into the canteen, but I'm sure they do a cooked breakfast so they must be able to go in there anyway. His friends that catch an early train all meet up in McDonalds for breakfast every day!!(healthy) then walk in later. He thinks there might be a room you could go to work in - the one they use at lunchtime C11 but cant confirm & is pretty sure you can stay until about 5.30pm to work.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

My son's train arrives at about 8.15am.
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

Seems a bit mean to leave the boys outside!
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Surely every school does that. My sons primary doesnt let anyone in until official opening time at 8.40 either unless they have registered for breakfast club - they have to have the staff available.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now